Engineering and Technical Support Team Leader
TSE is crucial to our services and solutions offerings and to the success of service Operations Company wide. The TSE must show a high degree of success with timely and accurate hardware/software support problem resolution within specified platforms (such as HP, EMC, Dell and HDS) and will be called upon to provide direction with regard to company investment in hardware, software, training and expert staffing
The TSE serves as a focused member of the Technical Support organisation, responsible for several very important functions within the support group:
- Research, development, and implementation of hardware and software support services. Service development focused on new platforms.
- Support staff in their efforts to provide training & direction.
- Engaged directly (hands-on) with incidents if necessary to provide high-level direction to specialists within the Tech Support organisation and effectively deliver winning support.
- Direct production of documentation, white papers, and technical support best practices to Blue Chip field service staff.
Provide sales support to Sales and management with focus on client engagements
Key result areas
- To be 3rd line Technical Support for technical expertise, action plans and fault resolution
- To train and impart your technical knowledge and skills to Blue Chip engineers and customers. The products covered are to include but are not limited to the following: EMC Storage systems, HP 3Par storage systems, HDS Storage systems, HP X86-64 attached disk arrays , Dell disk arrays, Brocade Fibre Channel Switch & Director break fix (IBM, EMC & HPE badged),
- To be prepared and expect to have to spend up to two nights away from home per week to fulfil the research/development and training part of your role.
- To participate in the Tech Support Standby rota.
- Support, maintenance and repair of customer Storage solutions, SAN equipment.
- Support, maintenance and repair of customer computer systems, peripheral tapes, SAN equipment.
- Install hardware upgrades and new systems.
- High level of expertise in Storage products development including hardware and or software configurations experience.
- Experience with the Maintenance Services and delivery.
- Provide technical pre sales support to the Blue Chip sales team when required
- Perform site audits and surveys to ensure customers installed equipment and features match Blue Chips inventory.
- Setup and support of a Storage Lab
- Parts recommendations for Storage systems on Blue Chip inventory
- Evaluate and develop new product solutions for EMC / HP / HDS storage systems
- Evaluate and develop new product solutions for Storage systems
- To ensure that notes are added to all high priority calls being handled by you in a timely manner.
- To provide on site customer support when required
- To ensure that all relevant technical information is circulated within the technical support team and field engineers when necessary.
- Mentor other trainers in course delivery and presentations
- Will support the design in house training alongside L&D
- Provide telephone and field based technical support to Blue Chip's customers, engineers and internal staff.
- Ensure that action plans are swiftly drawn up and implemented on high priority calls.
- Provide and support business needs on EMC / HP / HDS equipment
- To understand and fulfil the responsibilities for secure management of personal data of both internal and external customers in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2018
Key Personal Requirements
- EMC Data Domain
- EMC Clariion & unified
- EMC Celerra
- EMC Isilon
- EMC VMAX
- EMC XtreamIO
- EMC VMWare support
- HP 3Par – F and T Range
- HP 3Par – 7000, 8000 and 20000
- Dell disk arrays
- HDS Storage systems
- nSeries / NetApp Hardware
- nSeries / NetApp software – Data onTap
- Time Management skills
- Commercial awareness
- Problem determination, analytical and resolution skills
- Communication skills internally & externally
- Demonstrate initiative
- Team Player
- Leads by example
- Knowledge share within team
- Able to conform to Blue Chip policies and procedures
- In house training development and design
The Company’s current Job Applicant Fair Processing / Privacy Notice is available on the