Dover Precision Components delivers performance-critical solutions for rotating and reciprocating machinery across the oil & gas, power generation, marine, industrial, chemical and general processing markets. Comprising the Waukesha Bearings, Bearings Plus, Inpro/Seal and Cook Compression brands, our portfolio includes hydrodynamic bearings, active magnetic bearings, system and bearing protection, and reciprocating compressor valves, sealing technologies, pistons, rods and more. Each solution is custom-engineered to provide optimum efficiency, reliability and productivity, and backed by comprehensive aftermarket services. Dover Precision Components serves its global customer base through facilities in North America, Europe, Asia and the Middle East, as well as technical sales representatives around the world. Dover Precision Components is part of Dover Corporation's Fluids segment
The Manufacturing Engineer will primarily be responsible for creating and planning of CNC programs to control contour path machining of metal parts on C.N.C machine tools, coordinate tooling and work holding while supporting our continuous improvement initiatives to positively influence our lean efforts by performing the following duties:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create all manufacturing models/sketches from the design model, using Autodesk Inventor.
- Ensure that item manufacture standard time, will deliver expected margin.
- Analyzes routings during programming stage and updates processes to guarantee CNC machine tools are used to their fullest capability. This must be done using creativity, vision and an organized plan for the future.
- Create production B.O.M.
- Create CNC Programs in line with optimal routing using CAD-CAM software.
- Create set-up documents to supplement written programs.
- Create “digital twin” for item manufacture using verification software.
- Accountable for all new programs until signed off as proven.
- Liaise with Manufacturing Engineers and suppliers regarding required tooling and work holding.
- Develop and maintain standard programming guidelines for both processes and program creation.
- Eliminate hazards through sound engineering practices.
- Attend various operating meetings to support various functions throughout the organization.
- Value stream ownership, rotated every 6 months.
- Provide technical support to the shop floor.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Actively participate in the improvement process with responsibilities of assisting with any preparation work and follow up activities/action items generated from Kaizen events.
- Support “Best Practices” to achieve company goals for safety, delivery, cost and quality.
- Support “Continuous Improvement” initiatives on safety, quality, delivery, cost and productivity using Lean tools such as A3/A4, PDCA, Standard Work, etc.
- Inspires and motivates others around them
- Encourages and facilitates change
- Possesses the ability to clarify complex situations
- Promotes diversity of ideas
- Able to manage multiple priorities with a bias towards action and speed
- Searches for innovative solutions, drives continuous improvement and constantly raises the bar to stretch own and others’ levels of achievement
- Customer focused
- Constantly displays integrity and respect
- Bases decisions on fact and adopts a disciplined approach
- Actively engages in discussions and openly supports team decisions
- Maintain a positive attitude in order to positively influence the process improvement activities throughout the organization
- Must be self-motivated and possess facilitation skills to be used in a team setting.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience within a lean-manufacturing work environment.
- Requires in-depth knowledge of manufacturing processes.
- Working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing philosophies and tools.
- Must be fluent in CNC programming and have strong skills in various Microsoft Office packages.
- Experience and working knowledge of CNC Controls such as FANUC, Hedienhain.
- Experience and knowledge of CAM software such as FeatureCAM, EdgeCAM, Vericut.
- HNC/HND Engineering.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Reasonable adjustments will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this role.