The Reliability Improvement Engineer ensures that product failures and defects are well-documented so that trends can be analyzed easily. This role uses a data-driven approach to identify dominant failure modes, providing informed, accountable management visibility on reliability improvement priorities and progress.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Lead Failure Reporting, Analysis, and Corrective Action System (FRACAS) task with support of coach / mentor.
- Maintain, improve, and ensure data integrity of product failure reporting database.
- Work in close collaboration with many departments and other project teams.
- Responsible for the preparation of technical failure investigation reports.
- Drive reliability improvement efforts while considering other priorities of the company / department.
- Assess reliability performance (MTBF, Operational Availability, Probability of Success).
- Participate in / interpret Failure Modes Effects Analysis (FMEA).
- Support new product development efforts as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) in Engineering or relevant field.
- Demonstrable relevant professional experience.
- Project management experience.
- Failure Reporting, Analysis, and Corrective Action Experience a plus.
- Summarizes and clearly communicates complex technical issues to a diverse audience.
- Demonstrates good knowledge of engineering / mathematical principles.
- Builds relationships and works well with others.
- Provides clear direction and accountabilities to team members.
- Able to distinguish causes from symptoms and identify primary root causes.
- Seeks to understand and align recommendations with business needs.
- Breaks down larger objectives into appropriate actions.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.