As a Plant Service Engineer you will ensure that you will proactively service the plant in line with the manufacturer’s recommendations and PPM scheme.
You will be:
You will also have:
- Be self-motivated and disciplined
- Provide a service, measured against departmental responsibilities, objectives, and KPI’s. (Key performance indicators).
- When required, assist with the development and implementation of an effective planned preventative maintenance programme in line with the manufacturer’s recommendations ensuring compliance with all current statutory legislation.
- Work efficiently when carrying out routine & breakdown maintenance, making use of documentation and stores systems.
- Promote continuous improvement and change through own initiatives, by raising the awareness of plant issues and improvements to the engineering team leader.
- Actively promote health and safety within the team assisting and ensuring standard activities have been assessed and adopt ESSOW’s(Engineering Safe Systems of Work).
- Assist with an effective fault response service, in line with business requirements, i.e. holiday cover or increase in business requirements.
- Attend presentations and briefings given to the engineering team in an effective and timely manner.
- Ensure all equipment drawings and documentation is up to date, raise any concerns to the engineering Team Leader.
- Ensure all reporting, recording, and administration requirements are achieved.
- Assist the team leader in establishing and promoting your training/development plan to help improve your departmental responsibilities and help ensure your plan is achieved.
- Assist the Engineering team leader by ensuring the recommended and any additional spares where required are available in the stores; assist with recording and managing spares usage in line with the control and purchasing systems.
- Be self-motivated and disciplined.
- Have the ability to work to tight schedules and deliver an effective, reliable, serviced plant.
- Have the ability to move around and make good use of the plant as it becomes available from the operations.
- Accountable for the major and minor plant services.
- Mechanical appreciation toward PPM Schedules.
- Ability to understand mechanical drawings.