Piping Designer – Staff & Contract
This is an excellent opportunity to join a leading engineering business focussing on the energy sector. Our client is a dynamic company that are able to offer a exciting engineering challenges while working in a fast paced but friendly environment.
List of key responsibilities:
- Piping and process equipment design and layout, primarily for the oil and gas sector, but experience in other sectors useful.
- Working within a multidisciplinary team with engineers and designers, in the production of design deliverables for projects within the oil & gas and energy sectors.
- Production of 3D models and plant layout in CAD 3D
- Running 3D model reviews
- Consideration of access requirements for maintenance and operability
- Occasional visits to sites in the UK may be required, including occasional overnight stays
- Site surveys including taking dimensional measurements
- Understanding of piping specifications and ability to translate into piping isometrics
- Design of piping supports
- Checking of piping design documents, including checking isometrics against 3D plant models
Key competencies, skills and knowledge required
- Knowledge of 3D CAD packages.
- Experience in the production of piping 3D models and piping isometrics.
- HNC / HND or equivalent in relevant discipline.
- Experience of working on energy projects – previous exposure to Oil & Gas and/or Renewable Energy projects would be ideal.
Market leading rates are available for Ltd Company contractors while excellent career progression opportunities are available for permanent staff applicants.