This is an excellent opportunity for a Production & Design Engineer to join our team on a full time, permanent basis to support the design and production of products in the Nugent range.
Nugent Engineering can provide…
- Full time hours (Four and a half day week - early finish on Friday!)
- Additional holidays
- Health Cash Plan Scheme (Westfield Health)
- Free onsite parking
- Brand new, top of the range canteen facilities
- Brand new changing and shower facilities
The Production & Design Engineer will:
- Design and develop drawings and 3D models from concept stage through production process.
- Re-design for production, standard product range considering most up to date manufacturing methods.
- Design jigs & fixtures ensuring high level of efficiency in production.
- Support the manufacturing and operations teams with continuous improvement and reducing manufacturing costs throughout the factory.
- Produce full manufacturing drawings and Bills of Materials ensuring information is correct for all other areas with the company.
- Liaise with suppliers and customers ensuring the product meets all relevant standards and customer expectations.
- Define and document internal standards and procedures alongside the Engineering and Operations teams.
- Process engineering change requests effectively in a high volume, fast-moving production facility.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- 3rd level Qualification in an Engineering related discipline.
- A minimum of 2 years experience in a Fabrication/Manufacturing environment.
- Previous experience in a similar role.
- Good communication skills.
- Strong organisation and project management skills.
- Able to work in fast paced environment.
- Excellent IT skills.
- Team player who is creative, open-minded, methodical and passionate about their role.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in using Solid Works.
- Knowledge of VCA standards.
- Experience of automation for manufacturing.
Application deadline: 30/09/2021
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Additional leave
- Discounted or free food
- On-site parking
- Referral programme
- Wellness programmes
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
Sanitiser readily available, social distancing in place
- Do you have a third level qualification in an Engineering related discipline?
- Fabrication/Manufacturing environment: 2 years (preferred)