We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
“The infrastructure Operations team supports and delivers some of Sky’s most critical systems and projects. We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced UNIX Engineer to join our team and assist with those day-to day production support and project delivery activities with an emphasis on automation at every stage of the process” – Graeme Taylor, UNIX Platform Manager
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our Scotland offices have a subsidised canteen, free shuttle bus service, on-site gym and much more.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
– Work as part of a team responsible for the support and delivery of projects across a large UNIX estate.
– Provide methodical technical troubleshooting and problem-solving skills with an ability to lead and manage investigation activities.
– Build effective working relationships with a variety of infrastructure and application teams to ensure that technology and process improvements deliver overall service improvements to our end customers with a focus on innovation and identifying opportunities for standardisation and automation of manual processes.
– Provide 24/7 on call support on a rota basis by responding to incidents, providing root cause analysis and participating in post-incident wash-up meetings.
– An in-depth knowledge of UNIX preferably with Redhat and Solaris in a clustered environment.
– Advanced skills in a shell or programming language such as bash, ksh, perl, python.
– Experience of automating the installation and configuration of UNIX operating systems and application software. Preferably with Ansible and Puppet.
– Software Configuration Management tools and practices with Git and/or Subversion.
– Familiarity with fundamental networking/distributed computing environment concepts; including TCP/IP connections, HTTP Protocol, SSL, firewalls, VLANs, Proxy enablement, DNS, Load balancing.
– Good communication & relationship management skills.
– Experience of working in an environment using ITIL practices, specifically Incident and Change Management.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions, we might withdraw the offer.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about