Are you a current Elekta employee?
Please click here to apply through our internal career site Find Jobs - Elekta .
Want to join a team with a mission to improve and save lives?
We continually look for motivated and skilled individuals who are interested in supporting our customers – healthcare professionals who use our products to help patients and their communities.
We currently have the following opportunity available - please contact us for more details!
Elekta has adopted a Merge-in-Transit and site manufacturing methodology for the Unity system.
The Site Production Control (SPC) function works with the installation and order fulfilment teams to resolve any reported issues related to Unity system installations.
Due to continuing growth within the Unity business line, the SPC function is now recruiting for an additional Site Production Control Engineer. This role involves facilitating the resolution of issues raised at customer sites throughout the entire installation process.
The work is extremely varied and diverse, and no 2 days are the same. The successful candidate will possess strong attributes in the following areas: well organised, analytical, the ability to switch between and manage multiple issues simultaneously, a high level of PC literacy, able to understand engineering drawings and bills of material, excellent communication skills and be able to work well individually, as part of a small team and also with the wider network of Elekta colleagues.
In addition to the resolution of reported site manufacturing issues SPC also engage in further follow-up activity to ensure containment and both corrective and preventative measures are taken to ensure issues do not repeat.
Knowledge and understanding of CLM, PLM and MRP systems is necessary to ensure issues are fully resolved with robust long-term solutions.
An appreciation of the regulatory, compliance and auditing requirements for a medical device is also necessary because the SPC function assists QA in the final device audit before customer handover.
- Use of Customer Lifecycle Management (CLM) software to track production activities and communicate with site engineers.
- Document production issues raised by the site engineers and customers through non-conformance reporting (NCR) process. Provide immediate assistance to the site to correct the product, process, tooling issues or escalate to the appropriate function to ensure that production activity is able to continue in a controlled manner.
- Review issue detail and identify likely cause, assign the appropriate business function to carry out investigation into the root cause.
- Work with supplier management, order fulfilment, engineering to ensure quality problems are effectively contained, assist with Root Cause analysis as required to ensure effective corrective and preventative (CAPA) actions are implemented to prevent reoccurrence.
- Be proactive and creative in order resolve issues in the most effective way, develop positive relationships with internal and external interfaces, including suppliers, R&D, manufacturing and service to ensure best possible communication of technical information and customer feedback. Support the completion of Device Acceptance Testing (DAT) and the approval of the Certificate of Acceptance (CoA).
- Learn Elekta product (including attending product training courses) and manufacturing processes to a sufficient level that allows decision making on correction actions. This may include travel to customer sites to gain familiarity with the site environment and practices and personnel.
- Organise and participate in audio and video conference calls with internal and external interfaces when required.
- Carry out data analysis to input into failure reporting analysis and corrective action system (FRACAS).
RELEVANT KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES –
- The jobholder must be organised and familiar with a variety of computer software packages including NCR, PLM and CLM and be able to generate management reports using the Microsoft Office suite of programs.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to liaise with personnel/ clientele/ suppliers and key stakeholders at all levels of the business.
- Strong interpersonal and positive influencing skills, capable of working on own initiative whilst also being an effective team player.
- Ability and desire to promote Elekta's professional image.