Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
We are currently looking for an EMC Engineer to be based out of our Saltaire site. The main purpose of this role is to facilitate the gaining of all the relevant regulatory approvals which are required to permit the sale of the Company’s products to various customers throughout the worldwide market.
- Perform testing of CommScope products, at an early stage of development, for compliance to relevant EMC standards prior to the formal approval stages. Follow-on testing to ensure continued EMC compliance throughout the various stages of a products’ development lifecycle, culminating with internal Pre-Certification testing ahead of formal external Regulatory Testing with a 3rd party approvals facility.
Radiated & Conducted
Radiated & Conducted
o ESD / Surge / EFT-B
Experience that we are looking for includes:
- Provide EMC Design expertise (consulting) to meet design and customer requirements specification.
- Co-develops and approves test specifications so that the product can be considered robust in the field.
- Identifies and manages issues that arise in testing and assists with the mitigation of the issue.
- Provides guidance, explanations and clarity to enable proper interpretation and evaluation of specifications, performance characteristics or other technical data.
- Focuses on finding root causes, corrective actions, and robustness/durability requirements.
- Arrange and support product testing at external laboratories.
- Review of external test reports, able to engage with external test houses to determine compliance requirements.
- Preparation of test reports, product audits and inspection instructions to support internal design validation procedures.
Desired skills (not essential):
- Degree/HND or equivalent in Electronic Engineering.
- Experience of product design and testing for EMC compliance.
- Fluency with all Microsoft Office applications.
- Practical component level engineering skills.
- Knowledge of signal distribution equipment and IP networking equipment used in conjunction with Pay TV CPE.
- Familiarity with product industry certification requirements, (HDMI, Dolby, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, etc.)
- A good knowledge of European CE directive & other current EU directives.
- A working knowledge of worldwide Compliance
- Knowledge of WLAN standards and technologies for the purposes of test setup, infrastructure and 3rd party compliance support.
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.