Midrange Product Engineer
Global Technology Infrastructure Services (GTIS) is a division of approximately 4,300 colleagues based globally. They are accountable for delivering and supporting resilient, secure infrastructure technology and services to customers, clients and colleagues.
Our Midrange Services function provides core technologies supporting a number of business units across the bank, responsible for providing and maintaining robust and resilient infrastructure across 2 platforms (HP NonStop, IBM iSeries), whilst also managing middleware components.
As the Midrange Product Engineer, you will be in the Change Delivery team working to strategic goals of delivering a full refresh of the NonStop Infrastructure.
What will you be doing?
What we’re looking for:
- Work as part of a small team to deliver the HPNS (HP NonStop) technical refresh
- Assist in the creation of timelines and roadmaps for delivery
- Perform technical implementation and delivery of project requirements
- Provide technical suggestions for business working on the project in line with the strategy
- Carry out fault diagnosis relating to complex problems, reporting the results of such diagnosis in a clear and concise manner
- Support junior team members with delivery.
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Exposure working with/on HP NonStop platform (Guardian and/or OSS)
- Previous exposure re-platforming estates from old generation systems
- Excellent communication skills.
- Background working with applications and/or components that interface into the Global SWIFT network
- Exposure using middle components of MQ and Connect Direct
- Knowledge of XYPRO Toolset or Comforte Security product.
Where will you be working?
You will be working at our technology hub in the North West, located at Radbroke Hall in Knutsford. It’s convenient for most people who live within a 35-mile radius, spanning from Liverpool, Chester, Manchester and Stoke. It’s a lively atmosphere with large open plan offices, with everything you need on site including various catering options, Starbucks, Gym, onsite parking etc.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility, then please discuss this with us.