Nokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things. Serving customers in over 100 countries, our research scientists and engineers continue to invent and accelerate new technologies that will increasingly transform the way people and things communicate and connect.
We are looking for a ASIC/ FPGA Designer to join a small and highly successful team
- VHDL and verilog design
- Architecture and implementation of next generation ASICS/FPGAS for high performance internet routers
- Analyses, designs, programs, debugs, reviews and modifies software for embedded systems. Using programming language and technologies (typically programs in machine language, assembly language and high-level languages), writes code, completes programming, defines test procedures and performs testing and debugging of the firmware, and is involved in the hardware and software integration test.
- Completes design documentation. May interact with users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications. Oversees the change control management, customer complaint and problem solving and for the quality and reliability of their work products. Work often involves analogy and digital hardware and software operating systems.
- Typically reports to: Software Development Manager, Technical Project Manager
- Exceptional educational background with a degree from a leading UK or International university in Electrical Engineering, Information Engineering, Computer Science, Maths, Natural Sciences or a closely related topic (1st class or upper 2nd class minimum). Similarly, qualified experienced candidates will also be considered.
- A strong interest in computer architecture/hardware design/ ASICs/ FPGA is highly desirable while skills in VHDL/ Verilog design, ModelSim and Synopsys tools would be beneficial.
- Ability to solve tricky problems and can get to grips with complex systems. The team thrives on being intellectually challenged and overcoming those challenges by working together.