Dialog Semiconductor is a leading provider of custom, highly-integrated and configurable mixed-signal ICs, ideal for a wide range of applications, including smartphone, automotive, computing & storage and the IoT. We are a socially responsible employer pursuing programs that benefit our employees, stakeholders and community, and are backed by world-class manufacturing partners.
Dialog’s custom power management, configurable mixed-signal and highly-integrated connectivity ICs deliver outstanding efficiency, flexibility and performance advantages. Dialog’s ICs make it possible to develop the next generation of smart devices for consumers and businesses by enhancing product functionality, accelerating the pace of innovation and powering the smart connected future.
Dialog has a renowned reputation for flexible, dynamic support and world-class innovation. The world’s leading electronics manufacturers and suppliers trust Dialog to deliver, thanks to our decades of experience as an established business partner in the rapid development of custom ICs.
Dialog operates a fabless business model and is a socially responsible employer pursuing many programs to benefit the employees, community, other stakeholders and the environment we operate in. Dialog Semiconductor plc is headquartered in London with a global sales, R&D and marketing organization. In 2018, it had US$ 1.442 billion in revenue and was one of the fastest growing European public semiconductor companies. It currently has approximately 1,800 employees worldwide. The company is listed on the Frankfurt (FWB: DLG) stock exchange (Regulated Market, Prime Standard, ISIN GB0059822006) and is a member of the German TecDax index.
For more information, visit www.dialog-semiconductor.com.
Our Hardware & Software Group within our Custom Mixed Signal business unit seeks to hire a Graduate/Junior PCB Layout Engineer, to layout printed circuit boards including library support and power delivery network analysis and simulation of the whole design.
Working in our CMS PCB team in Edinburgh, you will:
- PCB library / schematic entry support and layout creation using Mentor Xpedition CAD tool set of PCBs and also using HDI technology. Complexity is up to 16 layers any-layer stackup structures.
- Perform parasitic extraction (R-L-C) of layout traces using the Mentor Hyperlynx simulation tool.
- Interface with internal customers (schematics engineers), drive layout review meetings, implement remarks and release the design after achieving consensus from all stakeholders.
- Generate production files for layout designs, clear DRC errors, check BOM availability in distributors using Dialog specific tools or external websites.
- Manage PCB fabrication and PCB assembly jobs by contacting relevant suppliers, raising purchase orders, answering all technical questions and tracking deliveries.
What we are looking for
- Practical experience in schematic entry and layout design of multilayer (4 layers and above) PCBs using a commercial CAD package.
- Understanding of basic mixed signal electronic circuits (discrete component filters, amplifiers, oscillators, diodes and transistors). Familiarity with resistance, capacitance and inductance and their effect on circuit response.
- Experience or theoretical knowledge of PCB simulation (parasitic extraction, s-parameter, crosstalk).Tool of choice is Mentor Hyperlynx, experience with other tools (CST Studio, Ansys) also acceptable.
- Ability to work with key internal and external stakeholders in international teams in remote locations.
- Fluent English, spoken and written.
Dialog in Edinburgh
Working in our Edinburgh design centre, you’ll be perfectly placed in the heart of this historic and beautiful city. Edinburgh, the capital of Scotland is a city which has a distinctly town feel, offering excellent schools, the world famous Edinburgh Fringe Festival once a year plus many tourist attractions to enjoy in the centre of the city. Amazing countryside and seaside is easily accessible for all kinds of outdoors activities. As part of our team in Edinburgh, you’ll be joining a truly multi-cultural, global group with an entrepreneurial spirit and the ambition to continue our impressive growth together.
Why join us?
We passionately believe that working at Dialog, you will be joining the brightest, most diverse and ambitious talent in the Semiconductor Industry. We are proud to have won numerous awards and designs, including exclusive patents that have assisted us to years of double-digit growth in this highly competitive industry. With growth planned for 2020, the opportunity for talent to progress at Dialog could not be greater. We are fast becoming the employer of choice within microelectronics chip design, power management solutions, short-range wireless connectivity and AC/DC power conversion.
If you'd like to explore working for Dialog Semiconductor further, then it's time we heard from you. Click below and apply now.