Home Name Branksome Heights
up to £10.00 per hour
Kingsley Healthcare is a family owned national care home operator rated as one of the top 20 large groups by carehome.co.uk. We are one of the fastest growing healthcare companies in the sector.
Maintenance Person – up to £10.00 per hour (subject to experience)
40 hours per week
Monday to Friday (8am-4pm)
The safety of our residents and staff is really important. The Maintenance Person will make sure the premises and grounds are maintained to a high standard. Performing regular checks, carrying out repairs and, when needed, contact engineers or service agents. As well as confident in doing fire, basic electrical and appliance checks. As the homes Maintenance Person, you’ll be a valuable member of their friendly, close-knit team, promoting the well-being of the residents and the successful running of the home.
- Undertake the maintenance and/or gardening of the Home to ensure its safety.
- Provide a maintenance service, undertaking a variety of tasks including decorating, carpentry, plumbing, brickwork, plastering, etc., to ensure safe environments are maintained.
- Liaise with Maintenance Manager or Maintenance Supervisor when preparing to do a job to assess the materials needed and time allocation for the work to ensure work is carried out to meet the Home’s needs.
- Order the necessary materials, equipment for work to be carried out, collecting them or having them delivered to ensure the work can start on time.
- Identify and solve everyday job-based problems in liaison with Home Manager
Criteria / Person Specification
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
Health and safety qualification e.g. CIEH
Knowledge across a number of jobs and/or processes within a similar setting
Good written and numeric skills in order to complete more detailed records and reports.
Sufficient knowledge related to the care services and activities in order to train, coach and/or mentor others.
At Kingsley Healthcare we provide a variety of competitive benefits, including:
- Excellent rates of pay
- Paid breaks
- Costs for an enhanced DBS