The Network Specialist will work as part of the Network Team covering 1st, 2nd and 3rd line support to the Just organisation. This role will be primarily Reigate based.
They will have excellent technical networking knowledge. A strong general knowledge of firewall and IT/data Security and a proven background in troubleshooting, capacity management, configuration and documentation.
They will take responsibility and ownership of customer incidents and requests keeping tickets updated in line with SLA and quality standards while working as a team with the engineers and working alongside other teams.
They will have a very high caring attitude to the job and to staff with a passion for the job. They will be flexibility to work in different location as the job requires.
- Follow processes within the IT Infrastructure Team for Incident, Change, and Problem Management that are aligned to ITIL principles.
- Effectively monitor core business systems and Infrastructure, specifically the network infrastructure across Just sites.
- Ensure that maintenance and upkeep of Just network infrastructure is carried out in a timely and accurate fashion by the team.
- Ensure the effective delivery of changes to infrastructure and platform within agreed timeframes.
- Ensure environment availability and support the infrastructure to enable test and production deployments of application releases, developing and maintaining repeatable processes.
- Liaising with Business Stakeholders, own and manage 3rd party application maintenance based on vendor schedules and by following provided guidance.
- Proactively identify improvements both internally and with 3rd party suppliers to enhance service provision.
- Administer access, domains and connectivity of all applications in internal and external hosted environments.
- Interact with Development and QA to develop an awareness of associated systems within Just and understand the wider impact of changes.
- Demonstrate a strong appreciation for the commercial and business impact of IT outages within the business in the delivery of Incident, Request and Problem Management.