Our client is looking to recruit an Electrical Services and General Maintenance Engineer to join their growing team on a permanent basis.
The main purpose of the role is to perform maintenance and electrical tasks across all company sites within the UK, perform installation works as required where applicable with a wider team and to ensure any breakdowns or downtime is kept to a minimum whilst working within a fast paced environment.
Duties include, but not limited to;
- To understand and react to BusinessCustomer needs
- To work around production to ensure that repairs maintenance, and breakdown response are performed with minimal disruption whilst keeping Shift Leaders/Managers fully informed of progress.
- To attend training courses as and where necessary to ensure personal and team job skills keep pace with legislative and business developments
- To be aware of the Health & Safety requirements, in accordance with guidelines as set out in the Health & Safety manual
- To travel to other sites to perform maintenance and electrical tasks as required.
- Carry out scheduled planned maintenance work of machinery, ancillary equipment and site services in order to minimise breakdowns.
- Investigate the nature of plant failures and subsequently carry out repairs as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- Carry out electrical / mechanical installation, general repairs and servicing of machinery to specification and on time.
- Portable Appliance Testing.
- Maintain administrative records to ensure they are satisfactory for internal audits.
The successful candidate must have;
- Very good written and spoken English
- Will ideally have a proven track record in working within a continuous manufacturing environment although other industries will be considered
- Experienced in project work
- You will be experiences in performing reactive maintenance as well as PPM tasks on a regular basis
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Capable of dealing with complex technical matters
- Ability to manage own work schedule and time
- Understanding of static related issues within the electronics industry
- Knowledge of safety circuits, invertors, how relays operate, speed control systems etc.
- Knowledge of PLCs advantageous.
- HND or higher qualification in Electronics or Electrical Communication or relevant military qualification
- BTEC certificate and Diploma in Operations and Maintenance Engineering
- City and Guilds certificate in Engineering
- NICEIC registered
- JIB card ECS maintenance technician gold card
- BS7671 17th qualified as a minimum
Full UK Driving Licence is essential
You must have a minimum 5 years' experience in a technical role and understand national standards.
This role is a minimum of 40 hours per week over a 7 day week, but you must be willing to work out of hours and offsite when necessitated by the business.