Job Title - Graduate Project Engineer
Salary - £26,000 - £28,000 starting salary, dependent on qualifications and previous experience. plus Veolia benefits *listed below
Location - Newcastle, with travel across the region (Northern England and Scotland)
Hours - Full time, 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Closing Date - Wednesday 11th November 2020.
To be considered for this position you will need to attach your cv, cover letter and answer the pre-screening questions
Veolia is looking for a highly motivated Graduate Project Engineer to support the management team in project delivery, operations and maintenance functions across the region.
This will be a 2-year programme, and the role will be a combination of project engineering as well as change management; dealing with continuous improvement projects that are linked to assets, people and systems.
The role will be made up of x3 8 month placements in the region, with the intention to move into a permanent role upon completion of the graduate programme.
What you’ll do
Main duties will include:
- Take initiative to research options and identify potential solutions from within the industry as well from other sectors around the world.
- Support the business to meet contractual and regulatory requirements
- Develop project deliverables and progress projects through the full lifecycle: feasibility, development, implementation and handover.
- Work directly with engineers and operators on plant.
- Support operational and maintenance activities.
- Where necessary, develop project deliverables and progress projects through to handover.
- Stakeholder management and management of contractors.
- Where required, manage projects through the full lifecycle of feasibility, development, implementation and handover. This will involve scoping, design, management of supply chain and handover to user.
- You will gain valuable exposure to all aspects of a commercial water company as well as Veolia’s significant Industrial Services and Energy offerings with the potential opportunity for front line management experience.
About your Development
As part of the Graduate Development Programme, you will go through a structured development programme, undertaking leadership, management, soft skills and safety modules with your graduate cohort.
The experience you will need
- Degree level qualification in Engineering / Environmental (a minimum of 2:1 to be achieved by Sept 2021)
- Strong communication skills
- Proactive and self-motivated
- Willing to travel and with occasional short stays away from home
- Full, clean UK driving licence
- Experience of change management and stakeholder management
- Willingness to relocate within the region if required
Benefits you will receive within this role are
- The option to join our attractive Veolia pension scheme.
- Access to Veolia rewards, benefits and discounts.
- Access to financial and mental health support.
- 25 days annual leave and statutory bank holidays.
Who is Veolia?
We are the UK leader in Environmental Solutions. We offer services and expertise in waste, water and energy management helping to build a more sustainable future. As a global organisation, our work focuses on delivering simple but innovative solutions to preserving natural resources, reducing pollution and protecting our environment.
You will need to be eligible to work in the UK without restriction on beginning employment. Veolia is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants meeting the minimum criteria for the role will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, gender or gender expression, disability, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Please note that if a high number of quality applications are received, this vacancy may close early. To avoid disappointment, please apply with plenty of time before the stated advert closing date.
Reference ID: 119941
Contract length: 24 months
Application Deadline: 11/11/2020
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: £26,000.00-£28,000.00 per year
- Willing to travel & stay away from home: 1 year (Preferred)
- Degree level qualification in Engineering / Environmental: 1 year (Preferred)
- Full, clean UK driving licence (Preferred)