Bristol, United Kingdom
In fast changing markets, customers worldwide rely on Thales. Thales is a business where brilliant people from all over the world come together to share ideas and inspire each other. In aerospace, transportation, defence, security and space, our architects design innovative solutions that make our tomorrow's possible.
Together we offer fantastic opportunities for committed employees to learn and develop their career with us. At Thales UK, we research, develop, and supply technology and services that impact the lives of millions of people each day to make life better, and keep us safer. We innovate across five major industries; Aerospace, Defence, Ground Transportation, Security and Space. Your health and well-being matters to us and that’s why we offer you the flexibility to do what’s important to you; whether that’s part time hours, job sharing, home working, or the ability to flex your start and finish times. Where possible, we support a working pattern that suits your lifestyle and helps you reach your ambitions.
ILS Engineer, Supportability
UK Services Operations serves Thales Businesses across the UK with the expertise and resources to create and deliver Services solutions to their customers and maintain them throughout the life of their products. Through Life Support Engineering (TLSE) is a holistic life cycle process through which the combination of management and engineering actions necessary to assure effective and economical through-life support of a system or capability are accomplished as an integral part of the acquisition process.
TLSE consolidates it’s Through Life Support approach to help the business segments respond to the changing customer requirements such as reduction in total cost of ownership, increased reliability performance and capability-based contracting (inc. asset management, technical support, field support, obsolescence management, performance monitoring and improvement).
TLSE activities are aimed at ensuring that TLSE requirements are managed as an integral part of the whole product life cycle, in order to optimise Life Cycle Cost.
Working as a member of the Through Life Engineering (TLSE) Supportability Team the engineer will carry out traditional ILS activities in support of, specifically, Unmanned Air Vehicle based equipment during the support programme phase.
Core tasks and responsibilities
- Work as an effective team member. Undertake and take ownership of day-to-day ILS engineering activities ensuring their delivery on-time, to budget and quality.
- Support, share and contribute to the exercising of best practice in the Team. Through the merit of your own actions and performance, consistently demonstrate the value of Supportability Engineering to our customers.
- Reliability and Maintainability focused engineering to analyse fielded data and make recommendations and changes to design and maintenance procedures.
- Preparation / management / overhaul of RCM and LORA leading to recommended updates to the Master Maintenance Schedule, electronic publications and LSAR
- Work with customer and end user to highlight front line issues that affect system availability, recommend changes to procedures and follow through with updates to processes and procedures. Analysis of trending data to manage design changes required to improve reliability based on fielded data.
- Work with the customer to streamline our reliability programme and focus on useful data, work out what they need to see and to present the information.
- Support of occasional off-site activities in Wales, Lark Hill or Boscombe Down.
- Ideally a user / user maintainer (REME) background.
- ILS engineering experience
- Experienced with Airworthiness aspects of Reliability, Safety and Design and Maintenance of Air Vehicles.
- Conversant with RELEX
- Conversant with Microsoft Office Toolset
In line with Thales' Baseline Security requirements, candidates will be asked to provide evidence of identity, eligibility to work in the UK and employment and/or education history for up to three years. Some vacancies may require full Security Clearance which can require further evidence to be provided. For further details of the evidence required to apply for Baseline and Security Clearance please refer to the Defence Business Services National Security Vetting (DBS NSV) Agency.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!