My client is looking for a Contract Mechanical Design Engineer
The successful candidate should be qualified at HNC/HND level, with 4 years Industry experience in Mechanical Design, Solidworks and/or Inventor experience.
The ideal candidate would ideally have experience in small detailed Mechanical Design and have worked on Bespoke Machinery.
You will be joining an exciting company that are one of a kind specialists in a defence related industry. The successful candidate will need to pass security vetting upon employment.
Role and Responsibilities
- Proficient in the use of Solidworks or Inventor mechanical design package.
- Be comfortable with Level 4 Mathematics and above.
- Strong knowledge of hydraulics and pneumatics.
- Compile, monitor and update project plans, status reports and project engineering and procurement project files.
- Provide technical and administrative support for drawing and parts list release and modification.
- Provide technical support during the procurement, build and test phases of specific projects.
- Generate project procurement lists, raise project RFQ's and purchase orders.
- Monitor and actively progress the project procurement process.
- Good understanding of Mechanical Engineering principles and the ability to apply them in an analytical and methodical approach.
- Be responsible for receiving project deliveries, goods inwards approval and assignment to the relevant project.
- Undertake associated project duties as requested by Senior Management.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Use of Solidworks or similar mechanical design packages.
- Microsoft Office software including Microsoft Project.
- HNC/HND (Minimum Level 4) or City & Guilds T4 or T6 in Mechanical Engineering
Manufacturing Workforce are responsible for placing skilled and in demand people on both a permanent and contract basis into the Engineering, Technical and Manufacturing sectors, from skilled Shop Floor Personnel and Specialist Engineers to Supervisory and Management positions.
We operate from several prime locations throughout Central England and our Specialist Consultants will have an in-depth understanding of your skills and offer best advice on your next step.
We are always searching for the best talent, so if you know anyone, why not recommend someone to one of our professional team who will be more than happy to help.