£45,200-£67,800 + car/allowance + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Permanent| Full Time | Flexible working options available
What is the Role?
As Project Manager, you will manage the development and own the business case of offshore wind development projects from inception through to economically viable project options at Final Investment Decision (FID). Leading project teams with the aim of providing viable optimised options for the projects which will contribute to the P+L growth of the SSE Renewables business. Furthermore, ensuring that new projects are set up in a manner which enables them to be delivered safely and effectively, satisfying the requirements of our corporate governance procedures and exceeding internal/external stakeholders expectations, all the while working collaboratively with our partner organisations.
Your other responsibilities may include:
- Ensuring that safety is the number one priority across all projects.
- Supporting the Project Director in the preparation of reports with clear recommendations at relevant milestones including Gate 2 (moving from development to refinement phase) and Gate 3 (execution phase)
- Undertaking commercial assessment of development opportunities including evaluation in terms of cost, value creation and risk.
- Developing competitive bids with colleagues and partners creating a compelling bid case and supporting the project financial and technical appraisal process.
- Managing project resources to enable efficient progress on the project, with a clear understanding of the resource requirements and impacts across the wider renewables business functions and portfolio.
- Developing and maintaining strong collaborative working relationships with internal and external stakeholders including but not limited to JV partners and delivery teams, government bodies, local communities/residents and support functions such as engineering, finance, SHE, legal , commercial and procurement
- Supporting the business development team on conceptual project evaluation, coordinating and aligning assessments and input on key risks appraisals and working closely with the delivery team to ensure that projects approaching stage Gate 3 are structured and delivered in a manner that facilitates a smooth transition into construction and ultimately operations.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Professional Membership of the Association of Project Management, Project Management Institute, an Engineering professional body or relevant equivalent.
- Good project management expertise and record of major projects delivery e.g. project definition and set up, planning, cost, risk, quality and commercial management.
- Demonstrates understanding and experience of financial planning for capital projects in Renewables or Offshore market.
- Ability to operates collaboratively coordinating a range or resources and stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal skills with effective communication skills at all management levels. Ability to clearly present key messages at senior levels, and with key stakeholders externally and internally.
About our Business
SSE Renewables is a leading developer and operator of renewable energy, with growth ambitions to treble our renewable energy output by 2030. We drive new growth by identifying, developing, building and operating high quality assets across the UK, Ireland and internationally. As our ambitions and projects grow, so do our teams, meaning we can offer a great selection of opportunities, training and development to support your career.
Life at SSE
If you're considering a career with us, you're probably wondering what's in it for you? From health and wellness to finances and family, we're proud of our benefits package which includes 34 days holiday (plus the option to buy additional days), enhanced maternity and paternity leave, discounted healthcare and a wide range of offers via our SSE Advantage scheme.
At SSE we're proud to celebrate difference. We all have different skills, experience and backgrounds and we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture where you can be yourself. We take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application and assessment process, and upon joining SSE.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Andrew.Duncan2@sse.com / 01738 275847.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.