A Bit About Us
We may have started small, but we’ve always had very big ideas. We launched in 2000 and we just haven’t stopped; a years’ worth of achievements always seems more like three at AO.
Our customers and now our biggest advocates, and we’ve made millions of them happy. We’ve even launched in new territories throughout Europe. Sometimes we have to pinch ourselves.
But, we’re determined to be the best electrical retailer in Europe, and for that, you need to be driven. We need to be bold enough to try new things, and smart enough to see them through. We need to care about people, and we always like to have a little fun as we do it.
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
You will be expected to adhere to and will also be measured against the AO Values. You will always approach your work and colleagues with the right attitude.
- Assist with the delivery of maintenance services, specifically preventative / predictive / corrective / reactive maintenance, and performance improvement for site assets observing work plan compliance to achieve equipment and site optimisation.
- Fault finding, both electrical and mechanical breakdowns.
- Adhere to adequate PPE requirements depending on job and site location.
- Compliance with the Company’s policies, procedures, works instructions and safe systems of work are mandatory
- Ensure that levels of housekeeping are maintained
- Update Maintenance 5000.
- Deploy an efficient communication within the shift to maintain department’s performance and continuity.
- Work as part of the team helping to drive and achieve efficiency and productivity across the site.
Provide effective and efficient support to the Shift Team Leader by logging faults and entering the correct data into Maintenance 5000.
- Pro-actively embrace and contribute to Health and Safety for continuous improvement activities and initiatives.
- Provide a pro-active and flexible approach to new equipment, systems and ways of working. This will involve integration with operations to fulfil the goals of meetings/briefings and continuous improvement forums.
- Adhere to all risk assessment processes relating to site equipment and ensure Engineering Safe Systems of Work are executed.
- Maintain stock levels through the extensive use of Maintenance 5000.
Recognise and use each individual’s strengths and weaknesses within the team in order to maintain team performance.
Assist with ensuring that the site has optimum cover at all time with a flexible approach.
Be willing to take part on continued training, enabling you to learn about our latest technology and share your knowledge.
- Any other existing or new tasks needed to meet the business operation’s requirements / objectives that are in keeping with post-holders skills and training, primarily, but not solely, in an engineering capacity.
Why Choose AO?
It’s not about the job you need now, it’s about who you want to be and where you want go. The thing about AO is that you don’t have to leave to move on. We have the kind of environment where people learn and thrive and be the best they can be. That’s our values talking.
We empower each and every person to push the boundaries of what’s possible. We’re growing rapidly and so should you. Our environment and our culture are vibrant and engaging, you almost have to feel it to believe it.
"Our people are our biggest asset, they’re our culture:
that unique, indescribable thing that makes us really different."
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as fundamental benefits, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our "AO Perks" to help you out financially, make your work life a little easier or make your home life a lot more fun.