Property Manager (Ref 6537)
Covering a portfolio in Lancashire, Cheshire, North Yorkshire, North Wales & Staffs - Ideal location would be somewhere in the Manchester area
35 per week - 6 month fixed term contract
As a property manager, you will contribute to our vision of being the UK's favourite property manager, as recognised by others by:
- Providing an exceptional Property Management and service to our customers; ensuring that our customer experience is engaging and frustration-free
- Working within our Four Pillar strategy to complete tasks that ensure the building is well maintained for the landlord and our customers so that we can demonstrate full compliance with our statutory obligations as appointed Property Manager.
- By demonstrating and living our values to be able to naturally gain new leads and to grow and move the business forward
This role reports to the regional manager.
You will be passionate about providing excellent customer service at all times and this will have been demonstrated through a proven track record. You may already work within the property sector, such experience and knowledge is desired but not essential.
An excellent communicator with the ability to negotiate and influence with all customers and stakeholders which you demonstrate through your ability to effectively chair and present meetings and deliver complex updates and financial information to different audiences. Your verbal and written skills will be of a high standard.
You will be a pragmatic problem solver who is proactive in finding the answers to ensure timely resolution for all customer queries. Able to work with autonomy across multiple environments within a portfolio.
Previous experience of challenging and/or emergency situations where you always remain calm and take the necessary actions with a high standard of professionalism. Health and safety is of great importance to you, and you have experience of performing regular checks and keeping accurate records to ensure everything is kept on track.
Self-motivated and pro-active, you enjoy working independently but also enjoy having other supportive colleagues you can build relationships with at regular team meetings.
IT savvy and are confident in using laptops / tablets. You are fluent in the different MS packages and systems as you will be efficient in maintaining administration and finance records electronically.
Your ideal role will be a varied one, where you’re not stuck behind a desk all day; You enjoy working with people and helping to make a difference to enhance their lifestyle on a day to day basis. You also will like to travel and meet new people across our organisation.
FirstPort is the UK’s leading residential property service provider, caring for 290,000 homes in England, Wales and Scotland, across 5,000 developments. With over four decades of experience and 4,000 employees, FirstPort works with developers, investors, freeholders and over 1,000 Resident Management Companies.
- As a remote manager, you will be autonomous in managing your own diary. You will visit each property at regular intervals and will need to prioritise sites that require more of your time and attention.
- Arrange and facilitate regular meetings with key stakeholders within your portfolio, guiding and positively influencing decisions and disputes; encouraging open two way communication and information cascade.
- Manage and authorise all expenditure throughout the year, maintaining cash flow to prevent critical funding issues and ensuring value for money for customers and clients whilst reviewing service charge audited accounts and budgets.
- Liaise with the credit control function to ensure effective debt management of the portfolio, inclusive of initial collection of routine service charge arrears – we don’t tend to do this much, collections manage this
- Ensure that all the property is managed in accordance with key Health and Safety legislation including but not limited to Fire Safety, Asbestos and Legionella / water hygiene control regulations acting as the 'Responsible’ Person for on-site Fire Safety regulation purposes
- Conduct comprehensive site inspections and visits of your portfolio ensuring portfolio KPI’s are achieved throughout the year in line with Four Pillars strategy.
- Complete all Fire, Health and Safety risk assessment/site inspection follow up actions within the defined timescales and take ownership of any Enforcement action and respond accordingly without delay to the relevant authorities
- Ensure timely delivery of major works and remedial planned works are undertaken whilst managing contracts with affiliated external Contractors overseeing their performance and scope of work, to enable us to meet the needs and expectations of our customers
- Deliver professional and effective mobilisation and management of new schemes that are brought into FirstPort management
Our customers deserve the best and the same applies to our people. We’ll support you with all of the technology, training and support that you need to do your job well. We offer competitive salaries and a range of benefit packages. In addition to the core benefits, we also offer a range of exclusive discounts on extra benefits to help you and your family make the most of your money, safeguard your future and look after your health.
We’re committed to promoting diversity at FirstPort and recruit on merit. We will consider applications from job share applicants.