Job Title - Maintenance Engineer
An experienced Maintenance Engineer with an established background in Engineering with an
entrepreneurial attitude and the bias for action to implementing improvements, to optimise and
to maintain equipment.
In this key position, the experienced individual will be responsible for maintaining and improving
Production and Facility equipment to support the production of Client's materials and components.
Primary responsibilities of this position will be to improve the functionality, safety, design,
performance as well as maintaining all equipment (including Production, Plant and Safety equipment) used to support the safe manufacturing of Client's products, using 3rd party support where required.
Equipment will be maintained for safe and effective use whilst modernising, improving safety and
updating the equipment to keep efficient, relevant and compliant.
Establish, coordinate, monitor, action and implement ongoing equipment maintenance and
improvement activities. Track and report improvement results on a regular basis to the Operations
Support and cover the Continuous Improvement Engineer during absences, specific projects or business necessity.
Including, but not limited to:
- Installing & Commissioning new equipment.
- Improve/modify and maintain facility & safety equipment using 3rd part support where
- Improving/modifying Production equipment to:
a. Enhance performance, & efficiency.
b. Reduce cycle time.
c. Improve OEE.
d. Improve Health & Safety.
- Determining design specifications for new equipment as part of the Engineering team.
- Maintaining and operating the preventative maintenance, calibration, equipment logs &
Engineering Work Order systems that incorporates manufacturing & facility equipment.
- Creating, planning and undertaking scheduled maintenance of all plant wide equipment
(including Production, Plant & Safety equipment) using 3rd part support where necessary.
- Creating /modifying maintenance procedures
- Responding to unplanned repairs and breakdowns.
- Designing components to support equipment improvements using CAD where necessary.
- Fault diagnosing and repair of equipment
- Ensuring compliance with health and safety legislation
- Managing stocks of spare parts.
- Assist in projects in all areas of the business, where required.
- Portable and fixed wiring testing, using 3rd part support where necessary.
- Manage 3rd party support tasks.
- Controlling and maintaining tooling in manufacturing
- Programming and machine setting as required.
- Updating/creating work instructions and reports as required.
- Other duties as required to maintain smooth workflow throughout the manufacturing process.
Skills & Behaviour
- Experience related to a modern lean manufacturing environment.
- Strong engineering & technical knowledge
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Competent in areas of electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems
- Ability to troubleshoot complex manufacturing processes
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic and ability to manage own workload
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- IT competent.
- Able to maintain cleanliness in the workplace environment
- Ability to work individually and in a small team.
- Entrepreneurial attitude to their work with a bias for action to implement
- Trusted to work individually and/or in a small team.
- Ability to set priorities and effectively time manage multiple projects and responsibilities.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.