We strongly encourage people of colour, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Bumble is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example - she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
Our Engineering team is growing, and it’s exciting! By joining us, you’d be working on some of the top dating and social brands in the industry – not only Badoo, but also Bumble, Chappy, Lumen and Quack. It really is an exciting time to get on board: after all, the features we develop and the optimisations we make are delivered to millions of people across the globe.
We are looking for a Support/Release Engineer to support, configure and maintain our systems, as well as deploying mobile web based applications. You will have good technical understanding, show great aptitude to learn, and be self-motivated attitude required to make a real contribution to our amazing team.
Deployment and release of mobile applications
Create and maintain hooks and integration scripts across Git, JIRA, TeamCity and external systems to support automation of the software development process
Script deployments and automated tests on a range of mobile devices
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Good knowledge of JIRA (ideally) or other bug-tracking systems
Ability to integrate different systems
knowledge of Version Control systems, ideally Git
Some experience of administering modern CI environments (ideally TeamCity)
Basic knowledge of Docker and some tools for managing infrastructure (Chef/Puppet/Ansible) is desirable
Working knowledge of build tools including ant, maven, grunt, gradle, xcodebuild, xctool, fastlane is desirable
Basic knowledge of coding (Java is preferable)
Computer Science degree or similar (desirable)
Innovation is key to what we do and, since we’re a rapidly growing tech business, things move fast. We’re a diverse, international bunch based in amazing offices in Soho, with perks to match. From incredible company events to corporate sports teams, daily massages to endless snacks, we make sure our team feels happy, valued and ready to take a crack at anything they put their mind to. There’s nothing ordinary about working at Badoo – just as there’s nothing like knowing that you’re helping people everywhere find someone amazing.
Bumble is the parent company that operates Badoo and Bumble, two of the world’s largest dating and connection apps with a combined user base of over 600 million globally. The Bumble app was founded by CEO Whitney Wolfe Herd in 2014. Bumble is majority-owned by Blackstone and has over 600 employees in offices in Austin, London, and Moscow.
We truly value our employees and we believe it is important to provide an environment that supports your wellbeing. Life at Bumble in London includes:
- Employee Incentive Plan (EIP)
- £2,000 annual personal learning & development budget
- Private Medical Insurance (PMI)
- Private Dental Insurance
- Babylon Health app
- Mental health support
- Enhanced parental leave, including a highly competitive maternity package
- Subsidised gym membership
- 'Double matched’ pension contributions up to 6%
- Plus loads of generous perks when we are in the office including breakfast, lunch and dinner, daily massages, free haircuts on-site, discounted nail services, regular socials, parties and family days.
With over 600 staff in 10+ countries all working remotely during the time of COVID-19, we’ve worked hard to adapt and support our teams during this challenging time, including:
- Flexible working hours
- Streaming free, live yoga & meditation sessions each week, as well as a full weekly timetable of free online exercise classes
- ‘Random Coffee’ - connecting staff across the globe in pairs once a week to get to know each other over a video chat
- ‘First Fridays’ - meal delivery for a remote lunch with your team once a month
- Employee Support Fund for those whose households are experiencing financial hardship due to COVID-19
- Written resources to guide employees through this challenging time
- You will also be taken through a fully digital onboarding process!
Bumble is the parent company that operates Badoo and Bumble, two of the world’s largest dating and connection apps with millions of users globally. The Bumble app was founded by CEO Whitney Wolfe Herd in 2014. Bumble is majority-owned by Blackstone and has over 600 employees in offices in Austin, London, and Moscow.