We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
The DTA Platform Engineering and Operations team is responsible for the support, planning and deployment of code developed within DTA to the Production Platforms. We have on premise solutions that we are responsible for including a Netezza Suite and Hadoop Cluster.
As part of our ongoing strategy we are also heavily utilising the Google Cloud Platform and require Platform Engineers to join our Core operations team to help manage the combination of the old on premise and in Cloud Platforms.” – Allan McAleavy, Platform Manager
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our award-winning Osterley campus boasts six subsidised restaurants, a cinema, gym, and much more.
Enjoy a generous pension and 25 days paid annual leave.
Be responsible for managing the Platforms, applying updates when required and communicating that to the Service managers in a timely manner. You will also be expected to help deliver on a deployment strategy and develop automated tools. This role will also require the successful applicant to be part of an on-call rota.
– Working with an experienced SAS Administrator, this is a role for a SAS developer wanting to develop into an administration role or if you are a SAS Administrator already the chance to develop your skill managing SAS on premise and in the cloud.
– Supporting the current on-premise Windows based SAS platform
– Developing the integration of SAS with the Google Cloud Platform
– Providing user support and training
– Demonstratable experience in the configuration of the SAS platform
– Be comfortable with SAS , SAS macro and SAS metadata ideally gained in a SAS Platform administrator role
– Experience in automating routine tasks using scripting languages
– Experience providing support and training to SAS users
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions, we might withdraw the offer.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about