Roles: Full-time, permanent
Location: Fawdon, Newcastle Upon Tyne
Salary: £30k – £35k + bonus + benefitsThe Role
We’re seeking a methodical and practical Electrical Engineer to join our site Engineering Services team, supporting fault finding and repairing equipment breakdowns / performance issues through to managing new equipment commissioning and installation, all in-line with industry standards (GMP, EHS, OEE) to minimise downtime and maximise productivity across our pharmaceutical manufacturing site. Working on your assigned work tickets, you will work closely with our Mechanical Engineers to respond in a timely manner to planned and reactive requests across our 23 acre site – this includes our site facilities (e.g. motors, chillers, pumps, lighting, electricity supply), offices, car park, waste management and Combined Heating and Power system. On completion of your work, you’ll submit the necessary compliance documentation back to our department coordinator. In addition, you will support site projects by attending cross-functional meetings to make recommendations for planned activity (regarding electrical systems and services) and support with validation follow-up. You’ll also review our use of electrical energy across the site, making recommendations for usage / cost reductions. To support the smooth running of the department, you’ll regularly review maintenance task instructions and processes to ensure compliance with statutory safety requirements, conduct risk assessments and oversee our electrical services contracts with external agencies and contractors on site. You’ll also share your knowledge with your colleagues to support team upskilling, and identify areas for Continuous Improvement initiatives.The Person
- Experience in a similar fast-paced, industrial Electrical Engineering role within a facilities environment, ideally in a regulated industry (e.g. pharma, food, chemical, FMCG).
- Good knowledge of safe working practices (e.g. LOTO, working on live equipment) and associated EHS requirements.
- Experience of investigating performance and quality issues using Lean and Continuous Improvement methodologies; can anticipate problems before they arise.
- Understands the importance of following instructions closely, completing compliance documentation accurately and knows when to escalate issues appropriately.
- Excellent communication skills (written and spoken), able to build relationship at all levels, communicate technical information to different audiences and navigate cultural differences.
- Good organisation skills with a good eye for detail, able to manage own workload to meet deadlines, even in a fast-paced and changeable environment.
- Proactive team player, methodical in approach to work, able to streamline processes.
- Good IT skills across MS Office, able to learn company systems quickly (e.g. engineering stores, TPM, OEE)
- Qualification in City & Guilds 2382 18th Edition Wiring Regulations (or equivalent) is essential for this role, whilst an Electrical Test and Inspection certification is desirable.
- A qualification in Electrical Engineering would also be beneficial (e.g. apprenticeship).The Rewards
In return, we offer a competitive salary and rewards package (including holiday, bonus and pension scheme). Not to mention the opportunity to genuinely make a difference in a new and dynamic role within a progressive and expanding business, at an exciting time of growing international reach.How to Apply
If you possess the experience, passion and ability to make this role a success then we would like to hear from you. Please complete your Candidate Profile on our careers site to apply for this role. The closing date is 03/10/2021. For more information, you can contact us on: firstname.lastname@example.orgA Bit About Us
Accord Healthcare Europe is one of the fastest growing pharmaceutical companies in Europe. Accord has one of the largest market footprints of any European generic and biosimilars companies selling generic medicines in over 80 countries around the world. This global footprint enables us to deliver vital, affordable medicines to national health systems supporting healthcare professionals to transform patient lives worldwide. The approach of Accord is agile and inventive, always seeking to improve products and patients' access to them. Accord are driven to think differently and deliver more for the benefit of patients worldwide.
To continue our growth, we’re looking for the best and brightest technical minds and forward-thinking business professionals. Keeping our people at the heart of all we do, we offer rewarding opportunities for those looking for continued personal and professional growth, investing in training and development tailored to each individual’s focus. So, if you’re looking for an inclusive company to take your career to the next level, you’re certainly in the right place; come and join us to make it better.Footer
If you would like to request this information in an alternative language, please get in contact with us on email@example.com ‖ Si vous souhaitez demander ces informations dans une autre langue, veuillez nous contacter à firstname.lastname@example.org ‖ Jeśli chciałbyś otrzymać te informacje w innym języku, prosimy o kontakt pod adresem email@example.com ‖ Se desejar esta informação num idioma alternativo, entre em contato conosco em firstname.lastname@example.org ‖ Pokud si přejete tyto informace vyžádat v jiném jazyce, kontaktujte nás prosím na adrese email@example.com ‖ Qualora desiderassi ricevere queste informazioni in una lingua alternativa, contattaci cortesemente all'indirizzo firstname.lastname@example.org ‖ Si desea solicitar esta información en un idioma alternativo, póngase en contacto con nosotros en email@example.com ‖ Dacă doriți să solicitați aceste informații într-o altă limbă, vă rugăm să ne contactați la adresa firstname.lastname@example.org ‖ Als u deze informatie in een andere taal wilt ontvangen, neem dan contact met ons op via email@example.com ‖ Wenn Sie diese Informationen in einer anderen Sprache anfordern möchten, setzen Sie sich bitte unter: firstname.lastname@example.org mit uns in Verbindung.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £30,000.00-£35,000.00 per year
Work Location: Multiple Locations