E & C Engineer
ITM Power PLC
ITM Power is committed to clean sustainable energy solutions based around water electrolysis. Our principal motivation is to engineer zero-carbon hydrogen energy systems that provide energy security and independence from fossil fuels. ITM's electrolyser and fuel cell technologies have the potential to become the cornerstones of a future hydrogen economy based on 'green' hydrogen. Our hydrogen systems are able to convert renewable energy to a clean fuel that can be indefinitely stored for use in transport, residential and industrial applications.
Due to rapid growth we currently have a position available for an Electrical Engineer. Working within the Electrical & Control Systems team, the successful candidate will help to ensure the timely delivery for mega-watt scale electrolysers.
The successful candidate will be driven, pragmatic and able to work without supervision but be able to seek support and advice when necessary.
- Technically review and understand customer requirements.
- Electrical network detailed design, participating to the development of the single-line diagram.
- Creation of technical specifications for electrical equipment including transformers, high power rectifiers, motor control centres and wiring installations.
- Specification of electrical contractor scope of works for system integration on-site.
- Management of vendors and review of submitted documentation.
- Attending FAT at vendor premises.
- Work with other engineering disciplines and departments such as procurement and planning to ensure projects are delivered in a timely manner.
- Provide technical support, including scope of works and costings, to the sales team.
Experience and Background
- Time served engineer.
- EPC background writing technical specifications and management of vendors for packaged plant deliverables.
- Strong working experience with industrial electrical systems.
- Capability to work on projects in parallel.
- A can do attitude and a willingness to get involved with all aspects of the manufacturing process.
- A full UK driving licence
- The successful candidate must be willing to occasionally travel within the UK and overseas.
- Specification and commissioning of MW transformer, rectifiers, MCC.
- Knowledge of EN60439, EN61439, IEC 60364.
- Knowledge of ATEX requirements.
ITM Power is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.