Flywheel IT Services Ltd are currently recruiting for a 1st Line IT Support Helpdesk Engineer to join a Managed Service Provider based in Northampton or Bromsgrove
We are looking for a dynamic, enthusiastic and customer focused individual with experience in IT support to work in a well-established, vibrant company offering opportunities for growth and development.
The ideal candidate will preferably have experience supporting IT within the school environment and come from a MSP background, providing technical services to our growing customer base.
Our technicians are responsible for the first line of communication to all our customers for providing the best possible support and fault diagnosis. They will typically work with the helpdesk support team to maintain, administer and update a busy helpdesk system, provide remote support and some on-site support and advice for the customer to the wider team and group. Technicians will support a number of customers remotely within our Education division
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- To diagnose and resolve software and hardware calls/tickets.
- To accurately record, update and document requests using the help desk system maintaining a first-class level of customer service ensuring that all customers are treated efficiently and in an appropriate manner.
- Execute software installation and deployment to computing systems if necessary
- Assist with Active Directory management.
- Contribute updates to technical documentation, procedures and process definitions.
- Assist infrastructure team with network and infrastructure initiatives including both hardware and systems administration.
- Must come from a MSP background
- Experience in a technical support or service delivery function within an IT environment
- Working knowledge of technical support (break-fix) for Windows desktops/laptops.
- XP/Win7/W10 support knowledge.
- A general understanding of networks - an understanding of TCP/IP, Switches, Routers and VPN.
- Believes in personal development and willing to continually improve
- Can inspire confidence in our stakeholders
- Proven experience building excellent client relationships
- Willing to update and adapt skills as required by the demands of the role
- Able to work occasional weekends / out of hours an advantage
- Maintain excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical customers at all levels.
- Driving Licence (due to our office locations in Northampton and Bromsgrove)
- Educational IT support experience
- Working knowledge of Windows Servers 2003 onwards.
- Knowledge of Office 365.
- Working knowledge of Windows domain environment.
- Knowledge of Apple Mac environment.
Salary and Benefits available
- Depending on Experience and Knowledge (£20-24K)
- Private Pension (after qualifying period)
- Private Healthcare (after qualifying period)
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: Up to £240,000.00 per year
- Company pension
- Private medical insurance