About the role
You will be completing all service routine maintenance on time and safely to a high standard. Attending reactive breakdowns and safely resolving issues first time to minimise the downtime and impact to operations. Cross skilled maintenance engineers, experienced and competent in electrical, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems. Capable of working unsupervised on complex electrical and mechanical systems. Supporting shift team leader and mentoring other engineering shift staff including unskilled and apprentices. Maintain CMMS database and ensure all stock used is booked out in a timely manner.
You will be responsible for
- Electrical and Mechanical repairs.
- Develop shift engineers at all grades and mentor.
- Keep line manager informed of any critical issues on equipment.
- Ensure your shift hand over is detailed and timely.
- Ensure service and repairs KPIs are met.
- Ensure all spares parts are booked out.
- Maintaining excellent standards of health and safety.
- Working with COSHH.
- Working collaboratively with external contractors and managing contractors using the Tesco authorisation and permit to work processes.
- Building strong relationships and communicating clearly with the distribution operational team, managing expectations where necessary.
- Following Tesco policies and procedures to carry out a variety of routine maintenance tasks.
- Using the systems available to accurately record work completed and describing works which needs to be escalated.
- Work at all times with due care and attention to minimise danger.
- Identify potential failures/hazards whilst carrying out daily functions, with an awareness of surroundings.
- Managing time and resources effectively, making the most of time at work.
- Supporting the distribution centre in achieving team goals, identifying problems and implementing effective solutions.
- Being aware of the cost implications of any actions and ensuring the most effective and efficient fix.
You will need
Preferred skills & qualifications:
- Completed an NVQ level 3 in a technical discipline or equivalent.
- Time served engineering apprenticeship.
- Maintenance and/or engineering experience in a previous site services role
- Health and safety awareness.
- People/communication skills.
- Building Maintenance knowledge.
- IT literate
- Experience handling multiple projects at one time or working in a fast-moving maintenance department.
At Tesco Maintenance, it’s our people that make us one of the leading retail maintenance providers in the UK. We operate in over 3,500 Tesco and One Stop stores, distribution centres, Tesco banks and head offices, to deliver first class maintenance and engineering solutions and support.
With our comprehensive induction and our technical competency plan, we invest in training for our field colleagues to have the right level of skills and expertise for each role to work safely and provide first-rate asset management across our estate. We create a culture where every colleague is competent, motivated and professional, maximising the level of support we offer to Tesco stores.
From multi-skilled, to technically-savvy technicians, we’ve got it covered. Our Operations and Maintenance Managers span the entirety of the UK; technically-minded individuals who support our field engineers to get the job done.
Our Engineering team work internationally to introduce a broad spectrum of award-winning new technological initiatives; from compliance testing to refrigeration, security to sustainability.
Everything we do in Tesco Maintenance is focused on supporting continuous improvement to the overall shopping experience for our customers.
What’s in it for you
What’s in it for you
We offer an excellent benefits package that helps make Tesco Maintenance a great place to work. These include but aren’t limited to…
A Colleague Clubcard, giving you 10% discount on your Tesco shopping throughout the year, both in-store and on-line.
Eligibility for the annual colleague bonus plan.
Access to our competitive pension scheme and life assurance policy.
Uniform and personal protection equipment along with the right tools to ensure comfort and safety in the working environment.
Regular exposure to Tesco deals, discounts and offers.
A smarter working environment, friendly colleague atmosphere
Training and career development opportunities within Maintenance and the wider business, as well as support from a large regional team and inhouse technical specialists.
21 days holiday (plus bank holidays in lieu if worked), increasing with length of service.
Long service awards starting after 15 years.