KONE have an excellent opportunity for a Lift Tester to join our team in Birmingham.
At KONE, our mission is to improve the flow of urban life. As a global leader in the lift and escalator industry, KONE provides lifts, escalators and automatic doors, as well as solutions for maintenance and modernisation to add value to buildings throughout their life cycle.
Through more effective People Flow®, we make people's journeys safe, convenient and reliable, in taller, smarter buildings.
We are looking for:
- A Lift Tester specialising in testing Lift Installations and/or modernisations
- Someone keen to progress with KONE as we provide excellent training and regular progression meetings. We are keen to hear from people that are going to take advantage of this.
Qualifications and previous experience:
- Liaise with relevant site personnel to ascertain state of lift.
- Post notices on lift and communicate with the others who may be affected.
- Ensure that the lift is electrically safe.
- Commission the lift in accordance with the agreed specification parameters.
- Test the lifts in accordance with the relevant test document and KONE standard interpretation of EN81, Lift Directive and/or Design (Essential Health & Safety Requirements compliance).
- Take measurements and completes the necessary documentation.
- Record any abnormalities for corrective action or inclusion in H&RA for the lift/site.
- Carry out final inspection and signs the final inspection document.
- The Tester reports the condition of the lift to the Installation Supervisor who is responsible for all the site activities. The Tester will give snagging items list to the Fitter and a copy to the Installation Supervisor.
- Take part in meetings and work groups related to quality and technical issues.
- Responsible for the lift well security (safe for other trades and public etc) and safety of all persons involved in the installation activities during commissioning and testing of the lift (or escalator).
- NVQ 4 or equivalent Lift Engineering qualification
- Previous experience as a Lift Installation Engineer preferable.
- Previous experience as a lift Tester essential
- Good written and spoken English
We offer an excellent salary for our Lift Engineers and Testers, plus we pay travel, plus overtime. You will get a company car, 25 Days Holiday, Company Pension Scheme, Employee Assistance Programme, PDI, Life Assurance, Cycle to Work Scheme.
Most of all, we strive to be a great place to work. We want you to achieve your career and personal goals and still live a healthy and balanced life.
One of the best things that KONE offer is progression. We aim to train all of our Engineers to be the best and have regular progression panel meetings so that you can reach your full potential.
If you are a qualified Lift Tester, if you have experience in lift testing and if you want to apply, please click the APPLY NOW button.
At KONE, we are focused on creating an innovative and collaborative working culture where we value the contribution of each individual. Employee engagement is a key focus area for us and we encourage participation and the sharing of information and ideas. Sustainability is an integral part of our culture and the daily practice. We follow ethical business practices and we seek to develop a culture of working together where co-workers trust and respect each other and good performance is recognized. In being a great place to work, we are proud to offer a range of experiences and opportunities that will help you to achieve your career and personal goals and enable you to live a healthy and balanced life.
Read more on www.kone.com/careers