We currently need an experienced Bridge Engineer, you will have an active interest in inspection and assessment of rail and highway bridges. It is essential that you have a good understanding, knowledge and technical ability in structure analysis.
Our CAFA team workload includes assessments, inspections, intrusive investigations, feasibility studies, on a wide range of bridges and associated railway infrastructure schemes. The bridge team also help with local, national and international work with a variety of clients both from the public and private sector including design & build partnerships with contractors.
Our office is in the heart of Glasgow and has good transport links to all areas of Scotland and the UK. We are now looking to enhance and grow the Bridges Team with individuals with a sound technical background in structural analysis and bridge inspection that are keen to share their enthusiasm and determination to support our expanding workload. The Glasgow team works together with the Newcastle and Edinburgh bridge teams to complete the CAFA work in Scotland and also supports other offices in work within their areas.
Projects we are currently working on include:
- CAFA Network Rail Structures Assessment Programme
- Thames Tideway – New Sewer under the River Thames
- Perth MetroNet – 32 kilometres of rail to Perth’s(Australia) network
- Shieldhall Overpass Refurbishment and Strengthening – Glasgow
- Lomond Bridge Deck Replacement – West Dunbartonshire
- Dargan Rail Bridge Assessment – Belfast
- York Street Interchange – A road scheme to improve the flow of traffic at the confluence of two motorways and the Westlink in Belfast
- Designing, checking and assessing bridges, tunnels, underground structures and retaining walls to national and
international standards. This will include a range of Network Rail Structural Assets
- Inspecting bridges, tunnels, underground structures and retaining walls
- Organisation and supervision of intrusive work to Bridges during Inspections
- Producing technical reports
- Supervision and monitoring of construction
- Co-ordinating the production of design drawings
- Implementation of health & safety and wellbeing best practice into the delivery of all works
AECOM is built to deliver a better world. We design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets for governments, businesses and organizations in more than 150 countries. As a fully integrated firm, we connect knowledge and experience across our global network of experts to help clients solve their most complex challenges. From high-performance buildings and infrastructure to resilient communities and environments, to stable and secure nations, our work is transformative, differentiated, and vital. AECOM is a Fortune 500 firm, take a look, and see how we deliver what others can only imagine at www.aecom.com and @AECOM.
You will have a good Degree in a relevant subject such as:
Civil or Structural Engineering ideally to MSc / MEng level or equivalent and have relevant experience in bridges or structures. It is essential that you have a good understanding, knowledge and technical ability in structural analysis. It is anticipated that you would wish to progress to Chartered Membership of a recognised Professional Institution and AECOM offers a training scheme to support the candidate with this.
You should have a genuine interest in transportation structures and have good technical skills and communication skills. You will have proven experience in the design or assessment of transportation structures and relevant checking and verification procedures. You will also have demonstrable experience in the management of small teams.
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.