Overview: Williams Advanced Engineering Limited are currently recruiting for a Graduate Engineer - Battery Integration on a permanent basis.
The is an exciting opportunity for the successful candidate to work within the vehicle Integration team, supporting integration activity across a diverse range of HV battery programmes. The role is highly collaborative, working with other technical departments and production departments, providing support throughout the product design from concepting, design, development and into production.
The role will suit an Individual with a passion for electrification or cutting-edge engineering and seeking a strong team-environment, within a high-paced, exciting culture. This is a highly engaging role, pushing the boundaries of HV batteries and into wider projects for personal mobility, transportation and logistics.
The successful candidate will work with discrete project teams to undertake a wide range of battery integration activity for a broad customer base across multiple engineering sectors. Working in a “supporting” technical role, supporting the Technical Lead for HV battery systems and working closing with the client and PMO.
Other duties for this role include:
- DFMEA to predict and mitigate potential issues
- Problem solving, 8D and concern rectification
- Being responsible for key attributes of battery system, which could include mass and cost tracking or concern management.
- DVP creation and implementation.
- Developing solutions that are suitable for volume production and are capable of integration into full vehicle programmes.
- Contribute in concepting, packaging reviews, and provide overall guidance for layout and clash-conflict.
- Work closely with purchasing and production departments to ensure cost and manufacturing capability.
- Escalating project risks at earliest opportunities.
- Assisting and presenting with project material and status
You will have a degree in mechanical, automotive or aerospace engineering and some experience of mechanical design, system engineering or development. knowledge of battery systems or power electronics would be advantageous in this role.
This is an exciting opportunity to start your career in a growing and enthusiastic team within Williams Advanced Engineering Limited.
Closing date: 29th July 2021.
Williams Advanced Engineering Limited is an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion. If you have a disability, we are happy to discuss reasonable job adjustments.
Job Type: Full-time