EDU System Engineer
POSTING END DATE:
We’re re-examining our vehicles and what a vehicle means in the emerging world of automation, connectedness, electrification and the shared economy. New ideas, new technology, and new approaches to mobility are our business. Join a team of next generation thinkers.
WHAT TO EXPECT :
This role is responsible to lead the definition, development and delivery of harmonised systems solutions, consisting of multiple interconnected components, into Jaguar Land Rover vehicles for the next generation of in house manufactured Electric Drive Units.
The purpose of this role is to work on the design, development and validation of the EDU system. The EDU Functional system lead will also have to lead the system integration of Electric Machine – Inverter – Gearbox and relevant Cooling systems.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities:
WHAT YOU’LL NEED :
- Delivery of systems within the eDriveline department across the range of Jaguar Land Rover vehicles
- Assist and contribute to the generation of targets and verification methods that are driven by Customer, Function Requirements and Failure Modes and Effects Analysis
- Contribute to the delivery of the area onto all programmes, in line with the Systems Engineering discipline outlined by Product Creation Systems
- Provide technical support and assistance across the operational team on topics relating to the integration and harmonisation of multiple interconnected components including issue resolution and objective data analysis
- Work with Technical Specialists and Research Engineering on Attribute and Function Forward Strategies, including new Function Definition and Failure Mode Avoidance
- Undertake any other work as directed by their line manager in connection with their job as may be requested
- Good relevant experience of working in a Systems Engineering environment - ideally within the Automotive Sector
- Good relevant knowledge of emachine/inverters/Electric Drive unit system
- Requirements Management (RM)
- Good verbal and written communications
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Track record as an effective team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Relevant experience of system definition, system architecture development, requirements specification, design/performance modelling, systems integration, system assessment and acceptance
- Full driving licence
- Relevant degree or equivalent experience preferred
- A PhD level of education with relevant industrial research is preferred
- At least 5 years working practices relating to CAE methods and processes
- Experience in applying Systems Engineering and in solving complex technical issues using a structured approach
- Model based engineering (MBE)
- Experience in IBM Rational DOORS
- Willingness to be involved with overseas testing. Note: Typical testing locations in which SCS Engineers may have to operate, depending on vehicle type & functions under investigation: UK, Europe, Sweden, USA, UAE
- Class 3 and 4PG driver training level (JLR internal process), or equivalent. Area will support internal process
SO WHY US?
Bring all this to the home of premium innovation, and you’ll find the opportunities to further your career with a world-class team, a discounted car purchase and lease scheme for you and your family, membership of a competitive pension plan and performance related bonus scheme. All this and more makes Jaguar Land Rover the perfect place to continue your journey.
Please be aware that we may close this vacancy for applications before the stated deadline if we receive a high volume of interest. We strongly advise you to submit your application as early as possible.
Jaguar Land Rover is committed to equal opportunity for all.