Ramko – Production Mgr
- To report directly to the MD on daily basis and based at Ramko headquarters
- To contribute to the vision and strategic planning of all manufacturing activities of the Company
- Cooperation with Admin, Sales etc to respond to production queries inc lead times etc
- To cooperate fully with outside agencies and advisors involved with the Company from time to time.
- To plan production ensuring that manpower, machine capacity, materials and other resources are in place when needed to deliver good quality product with on time delivery
- To Coordinate activities of all production personnel, and to cooperate with sister depts, including Admin, Sales and Technical.
- To provide motivation, inspiration and provide training to manufacturing staff as and when needed
- To contribute to ongoing efforts by the Company to reduce costs, yet improve produce and service to Customers
- To provide positive and imaginative input to R&D, Product and Process Development, and other projects on which the Company is engaged
- Where extra manpower is needed, and approved by the MD, to oversee the identification, recruitment and training of new personnel
- To ensure that Health and Safety, Maintenance and other systems are kept in place at all times within the Factory
- To measure performance relative to all agreed KPI’s. and to instigate remedial action where necessary
- To ensure the Company complies with all legislation
- Other reasonable tasks as requested by the MD
- Management of ISO 9001 Quality Systems
- Dealing with ISO 9001 accreditation and assessing bodies
- Developing the system and driving real improvement through the data and information gathered by system documentation
- Ensuring that Quality Mgmt is not simply a paper exercise, but provide real savings, efficiency, better product and customer service
- Implementation of all developments and improvements in manufacturing coming from Mgmt, outside government agencies, Consultants, or other sources.
- Any other reasonable quality related duties required by Mgmt
- To come from 1 of the following backgrounds:
o Time served Engineer from a Machining or Fitting operation, with at least 5 years Mgmt experience.
o A Mechanical Engineer qualified to at least HNC/BTech level, but with a practical approach and a full understanding of Engineering processes, and at least 5 years experience of Production Mgmt
- A good appreciation of production costing systems
- Good Interpersonal skills
- A good Team-player, who enjoys working in small company, with ability to work on own initiative
- Good computer literacy overall
- Experience of working with ISO 9001 accredited Quality Systems
- Good and demonstrable problem-solving skills.
- Clean Driving license and willingness to travel as required
- Able to work outside of normal hours when needed
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £26,157.00-£55,425.00 per year
- On-site parking
- Private medical insurance