Leakage Engineer – Water Utilities
40 per week, Monday to Friday, 8am to 4.30pm, with occasional night work
RPS Group is a leading multi-disciplinary consultancy, employing over 5,000 staff worldwide.
Our Water business employs around 1300 staff and has been providing services to the water industry since 1993. Working on all of the UK water and sewerage companies and most of the water only companies, our services include water networks management; leakage consultancy; waste water network management; software solutions; utility, land and building surveying; design; water resources and efficiency advice; and flood risk and water environment consultancy.
As the leading provider of leakage detection services, we have attractive opportunities for Leakage Engineers to join our team working in the Bournemouth region.
As a Leakage Engineer, you will be required to detect, locate and report visible and hidden leaks from our client’s distribution network using both traditional and advanced leakage detection techniques and equipment. Occasional night work will be required.
We are keen to hear from candidates who have experience of working within a similar role, although candidates who possess the following attributes are still invited to apply:
- Health and Safety awareness with the ability to understand and communicate safe working instructions
- Computer literate with working knowledge of water industry software packages
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels inclusive of customers and external contractors
- Working knowledge of leakage detection and prevention techniques
- Excellent time management with ability to manage own workload
- Ability to interpret data and communicate accordingly.
Applicants must possess the following certification (training will be available for the right candidates):
- NRWSA Operative Unit 2
- EUSR – Water Hygiene
- Full UK Driving Licence.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a reputable Company who are proud to offer career progression, the opportunity for development and the scope to obtain recognised qualifications whilst gaining a wealth of experience.
Other benefits include:
- Company Van
- Opportunity to work overtime (dependant on the requirements of the client), for which attractive rates are offered
- Attractive night work allowances
- 20 days annual leave plus bank holidays (28 days total)
- Contributory pension scheme
- Employee assistance program
- Company Share Incentive Plan
We are an equal opportunities employer.
RPS is an equal opportunity employer.