Advert Sage is a global company with a local heart. The market leader for cloud-based accounting, financials, enterprise management, people, and payroll software, we empower the world’s business heroes—from single-person startups to large enterprises. Our people are passionate and positive. We inspire our colleagues to serve business builders everywhere and champion their success. As a FTSE 100 company with 14,000 colleagues across 24 countries, we do business the right way, while giving back to our local communities through the Sage Foundation. Sage is passionate about building a culture where our colleagues feel they can bring their whole selves to work. Where people know they’ll be judged on their performance and behaviours - not their identity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, color, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Job Description You’re an inquisitive technologist, interested in how things work and how you can make them better. You enjoy reading code and fully understanding the environment in which it runs, from the network stack to the back-end storage layers and everything in between. You’re interested in building tools that help your fellow developers work better and release faster. You’ve developed using a variety of technologies, with experience of a scripting language or Ruby on Rails in the last five years and a keen interest in learning new programming languages and tools. You will have worked with AWS, Docker, NoSQL and SQL datastores, CI/CD systems and will have done some system administration in your past. If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you.
Key Responsibilities It is paramount that you have had experience with a scripting language or Ruby on Rails.
The Senior Software Engineer position will be responsible for building, enhancing and maintaining products and/or systems to enable Sage’s business plans and long-term objectives, including the delivery of software at scale and pace. The Senior Software Engineer will assume ownership in the design, development and delivery of high-quality products and/or systems and services that improve the performance, scalability, reliability and testability of our cloud-based suite of software products.
- Develop, deliver, maintain and implement high quality technical solutions
- Take technical ownership of functions/features or services as defined by the development team
- Participate in all phases of the project lifecycle.
- Maintain relevant documentation to describe logic, coding/configuration, testing and changes where applicable.
- Continuously strive to make improvements to the existing products and/or systems and services.
- Seek out and act upon feedback.
- Other mentoring and coaching to junior members of the development team.
- Ensure all tasks are completed to the required quality standards.
- Keep up to date with relevant technology areas.
Please reach out to Josh.Walker@sage.com for any queries you may have.