Salary £150.5 per week
Duration 48 months
Advert closing date 30/07/2021
Damico Engines is a fast-growing business based in East Harling, Norfolk. They specialise in machining, building, testing and the development of performance engines. They are the dedicated engine builders for Mini Challenge, and are involved in Formulas such as the FF2000. There is an exciting opportunity for two apprentices to join the team.
Day to day duties:
- Cleaning engine parts
- Preparing parts for machining
- Setting up components to be machined
- Setting up machines
- Cleaning machines
- Working with Damico’s Engineer to learn and acquire new skills.
- Depending on starting skills, you may be involved with machining
- GCSE Grade 5 or above in maths and English is essential.
- Any machining, engineering or mechanical experience/qualification is preferred but not essential.
Training to be provided
Engineering Technician Level 3 Apprenticeship (Machining pathway)
Things to consider
This is a start at the bottom vacancy, you will be trained to clean & prepare engine parts for machining and feed the machinists and engine preparation team parts. The speed of your development will be up to you, if you show passion and wiliness to learn you will soon be trained to do more involved work. You wage will be reviewed every 6 months; your wages will increase as you acquire new skills.
- Strong maths skills
- Able to follow instruction and learn quickly
- Professional attitude towards work
- Attention to details
This is in your hands. We are looking to train our own in-house machinist to suit Damico’s needs, the person/s who get this position will show passion for their work, want to perfect their skills and be self motivated. There may be an opportunity for a full time role on completion of the apprenticeship.
Hours per week 35
Working week Monday to Friday
Working hours 9am - 4pm
Apprenticeship standard Engineering technician (Level 3)
NORWICH, Norfolk, England, NR16 2SN