Electrical Project Engineer
Cereal Partners Factory
Up to £50,000 Salary DOE, potential bonus up to 8% and excellent benefits including company pension
At Cereal Partners UK we have established ourselves as one of the largest cereal manufacturers in the UK, making many well-loved brands such as Shreddies and Shredded Wheat. Our aim is simple: to provide high quality, nutritious and great tasting breakfast cereals. You could join our mission to create a nation of Cereal Lovers!
If you're ambitious and thrive in a fast-paced environment, you can go wherever you want with one of our Technical and Production careers. At Cereal Partners, we’re passionate about ensuring the consumer receives a perfect quality product, at the right time and place. In order to meet this demand, and deliver against tough supply chain and customer service targets, our engineers strive to ensure our assets operate with the high efficiencies we expect whilst ensuring safety and food quality.
We’re looking for a dynamic electrical project engineer, who is able to demonstrate a broad range of skills from people management to problem solving. We never stand still in a continually evolving and competitive market, so you’ll need a continuous improvement mind-set and a willingness to get stuck in too.
A day in the life of an Electrical Project Engineer...
- Manage and install capital engineering projects within approved budgets and agreed time scales
- Assist in development of scope, schedule and budget for new projects
- Assist the management of projects to completion within agreed timescales and costs and promote proper hygiene and safety standards
- Support full compliance with Health and Safety Legislation and site rules
- Commissioning of plant and equipment to predetermined standards
- Assist development of scope and budget for various projects ranging from £50k - £1m; develop timing plans
- Manage and control the activities of third party contractors on site
- Liaise with Operations and other on-site resources for project work and with R&D, Marketing, and Logistics regarding scope, time plan and budget
- Assist multi-disciplined teams to achieve project targets
- Be aware of the environmental impact of role and compliance with site environmental requirements
- Reporting any SHE incidents or concerns
- Contribute towards site SHE objectives
What will make you successful
This is an exciting career opportunity to join the world’s largest food company for candidates with solid technical skills.
High calibre engineer with an electrically bias Degree or HNC
Preference for City & Guilds 2391 and 18th edition qualification or demonstrable experience
Good technical knowledge and practical experience of working within Health & Safety legislation (CE, PUWER and machinery safety knowledge).
Preferably knowledge/ experience with CDM
Knowledge of process control:
Scada and Allen Bradley PLC systems
Knowledge and understanding of electrical design
High level of competency and understanding of all areas of electrical engineering including LV power systems.
Ability to maintain and enhance electrical standards to meet CPUK, Nestle and regulatory standards
Good project engineering experience within a manufacturing environment – preferably food products or FMCG.
Preferably knowledge and understanding of process and packaging equipment
Good knowledge and understanding of building woks and site services
Computer literate - including MS-Project, MS-Office, AutoCad LT
Able to manage time pressure and multiple projects/priorities.
Financial management skills:
reviewing, controlling and forecasting, purchasing and price negotiation
In turn, Cereal Partners can offer in-depth training and a development programme to lift your skills and knowledge further, whilst being part of a highly motivated team.
What you need to know
What can we offer in return? Great benefits you’d expect from a business the size of CPW – in the shape of a competitive salary and benefits package, bonus scheme, flexible working scheme, 25 days holiday plus statutory holidays plus flex leave, pension scheme and a real focus on personal development and growth.
The closing date for this role is 08/07/2020
We will be considering candidates as they apply and we will occasionally close job advertisements early in the event we receive sufficient applicants, so please don’t delay in submitting your application.
At CPW, our values are rooted in respect – for our employees, our customers and our consumers. That’s why championing diversity and inclusion is so important to us; when we embrace different perspectives and give everyone the chance to be the best they can be, we can think in new, creative ways that grow and enhance our business. We are committed to equal opportunity for all and we may collect relevant data for monitoring purposes during our candidate registration process. Be yourself, everyone else is taken!