A new exciting opportunity currently exists for a rigorous and determined applied scientist/engineer within Camlin Technologies, which is the R&D, engineering and operations centre for the Camlin Group.
- Be a key member of a team driving development of products from inception to field support.
- Become the owner of underlying core technology and share the principles to the wider team, in written documented instructions and guides.
- Liaise with cross-functional teams to define requirements and specifications.
- Transfer theoretical understanding of the key products from domain experts, bringing expertise in-house.
- Respond to changes that may occur, including defining test cases for investigating issues that may arise.
- Degree or PhD in Physics, Chemistry or equivalent.
- Demonstrable ability to rapidly learn new techniques and approaches.
- Proven experience in developing experiments.
- Proven ability to accurately test, evaluate and report results
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
Strong mathematical background.
- Functional understanding of spectroscopy.
- Evidence of working with complex electromechanically systems, and devising experiments to test hypotheses.
- Experience with Photoacoustic Technology or Infrared spectroscopy.
- Some travelling may be required to facilitate Knowledge Transfer.
- Conscientious individual demonstrating attention to detail along with high levels of ownership and commitment
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, and showing a wiliness to challenge the status-quo.
- An excellent team player capable of delivering excellent results under pressure and to strict deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all stakeholders.
- Persistent and highly curious individual willing to probe to get answers.