The Opportunity | Hardware Engineer
We are looking for a Hardware Engineer to join our Avionics and Electronics department. Our safety critical certified design and development processes (DO-160 and DO-254) combined with mature quality processes means that we offer a range of airborne recording and air data computing products and services which are world-class and you could be a part of this too!
In this varied role, you will be involved with design, reworking existing design, extreme environment design and testing. In this role you will be working on new and existing design and testing across a broad range of environments.
- To complete all tasks within the time and budget specified within the work package definitions.
- To review job processes to achieve continuous improvement
- To write formal design documentation. For example, hardware requirements specifications, hardware conceptual design documentation, hardware test specifications and test reports
- Maintain current knowledge within their area of technical specialisation and ensure the benefit of this knowledge is realised within their design solutions
- To undertake new technology evaluation and introduction in product designs
- To accept technical responsibility for design tasks
- To attend and actively contribute to the effective operation of applicable design reviews
- To assist Production Engineering in the introduction of equipment into manufacture in a cost effective and timely manner
- Educated to Degree/HND level in an appropriate technical subject
- Solid experience in embedded digital design within an aerospace/automotive/medical/safety-critical environment
- Familiar with small Microprocessor and microcontroller systems
- Familiar with Schematic design using ORCAD or similar package
- Familiar with Op Amp level analogue & DC-DC PSU design
- Flexible and able to complete Environmental Testing, including detailed test specification and report writing
- Knowledge of the full systems development lifecycle.
- Ability to write formal project documentation.
- Capable of requirements elicitation and knowledge of what makes a good requirement.
- Some knowledge of aerospace technology and aerospace development processes (DO-254 and DO-160) would be advantageous
This position may require exposure to information which is subject to export control regulations such as the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must meet eligibility requirements of the ITAR and of the UK/EU through completion of a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) application. In the event information provided on the BPSS application reveals ineligibility to access US export controlled information, any offer of employment may be withdrawn.
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled