Are you ready to make your mark in the healthcare industry using your ingenuity and technical expertise? At Parexel, there's no limit to what you can accomplish. We work with the top 50 global pharmaceutical companies, the top global biotech companies, and hundreds of small and emerging companies. We've supported the development of some of the most important treatments of our time, including nearly all of the 50 top selling drugs currently on the market. Join us and you'll make a profound difference in millions of lives. With a role in our Information Technology group, you'll work with cutting-edge technology on internal and client-facing projects. Collaborating with people from all over the world and touching everything from enterprise systems and clinical applications to infrastructure and networking, you'll keep our data safe and confidential. You'll have the chance to develop your skills and pursue advancement opportunities that include managerial and technical tracks. If you have stellar coding and design experience and a passion to learn more about healthcare, Parexel invites you to discover our rewarding opportunities in Enterprise Architecture, Software Development, Project Management and Business Analysis, and more. In a global clinical trial environment, business-focused applications, connectivity, and data security are critical to a trial's outcome. Find out how you can be an invaluable part of our success story.
Parexel Informatics is one of the industry’s leading solution providers and we help customers accelerate the drug development process through innovation. Our product portfolio is built on leading-edge technology and is combined with extensive medical and clinical expertise. As the technology business unit of Parexel International Corporation, we're able to leverage our massive investment in technology with our parent company's wealth of hands-on clinical expertise.
This role will be based at our modern state of the art office in Nottingham city centre which has excellent transport links as well as a great working environment and the feel of an innovative technology company.
As the Senior Software Validation Engineer you will be accountable to validate and maintain the software quality within Parexel Informatics. This role will provide key inputs for validation during the software development lifecycle (SDLC) and you will contribute the contribution to the continuous improvement of the function within the Scaled Agile Framework, and as such the role must be oriented towards team work in an emerging and flexible environment.
Business process testing
- Designs and manages tests of new/updated processes.
- Specifies test environment for whole life-cycle testing (e.g. using model office concept).
- Manages selection/creation of relevant scenarios for testing and ensures that tests reflect realistic operational business conditions.
- Ensure tests and results are documented, reported to stakeholders and are available for specification of user instructions.
- Highlights issues and risks identified during testing to business stakeholders.
- Provides specialist guidance and advice to less experienced colleagues and users to ensure that test are conducted in an appropriate manner.
- Designs, codes, tests, corrects, and documents moderately complex programs and scripts from agreed specifications and subsequent iterations, using agreed standards and tools.
- Collaborates in reviews of specifications, with others as appropriate.
- Uses quality standards to review past performance and plan future activities.
- Conducts audits of quality requirements and produces audit reports.
- Monitors and reports on the outputs from the quality assurance and audit processes.
- Accepts responsibility for creation of test cases using own in-depth technical analysis of both functional and non-functional specifications (such as reliability, efficiency, usability, maintainability and portability).
- Creates traceability records, from test cases back to requirements.
- Produces test scripts, materials and regression test packs to test new and amended software or services.
- Specifies requirements for environment, data, resources and tools.
- Interprets, executes and documents complex test scripts using agreed methods and standards.
- Records and analyses actions and results, and maintains a defect register.
- Reviews test results and modifies tests if necessary.
- Provides reports on progress, anomalies, risks and issues associated with the overall project.
- Reports on system quality and collects metrics on test cases.
- Provides specialist advice to support others.
- Degree in Life Sciences, Engineering, or Computer Science field, or equivalent.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- A flexible attitude with respect to work assignments and new learning
- Ability to manage multiple and varied tasks with enthusiasm and prioritize workload with attention to detail.
- Shows Initiative and self-confidence, is adaptable and is able to cope with changing and evolving priorities.
- Must have the ability to work methodically in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment
- Manages provision of consultancy services. In own areas of expertise, provides advice and guidance to consultants and/or the ustomer or other stakeholders through involvement in the delivery of consultancy services
- Maintains an in-depth knowledge of specific specialism in the field, and provides expert advice regarding their application..
- Intermediate to advanced level experience in software testing
- Applied methods like threat modeling applied to software development and managed security risk for software development
- Strong automation skills, process improvement skills and performance testing
- Experience in understanding requirements and develop overall project validation strategy and approach
- Experience in Test Case Design
- Experience in Automation testing tools like UFT, Selenium, Cucumber
- Good understanding of BDD approach
- Be able to mentor Validation engineers and provide guidance and direction to project level validation efforts
- Be able to review all project documents including requirements, technical specification and project validation deliverables
- Excellent knowledge of SDLC (Agile) and testing methodologies, (preferably Scrum)
- Excellent knowledge of software testing techniques and test case development; can easily determine what test case is required for various testing scenarios
- Knowledge of software development languages and tools such as Java and SQL
- Knowledge in relational databases, preferably Oracle
- Knowledge of creating moderately complex SQL queries
- Familiarity with database design and/or testing
- Knowledge of performance testing software like Load runner.
- Applied framework and good practices like OWASP (Open WEB Application Security Project), ISO 24772 is desirable
In return we will be able to offer you a structured career pathway and development within the role including awareness and understanding of the industry. Your hard work will be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package including 25 days holiday per year, pension scheme, life assurance, long term disability insurance, a health cash plan and other leading edge benefits that you would expect with a company of this type.
Apply today to begin your Parexel journey!