Equities Derivatives Developer
As a Barclays Equities Derivatives Developer, you will work closely with the Equity Funds and Structured Markets (EFS) Trading desk to support their business, ensure reports are delivered on time and maintain and enhance Dirac - our distributed risk reporting system. The team employs some agile techniques and develops software in a variety of languages - the focus of your role is on an in house functional programming language (FMD) within Excel, C# and occasional usage of VBA.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
This opportunity is open to dynamic working arrangements. Such as working from home, flexible or compressed hours, and part-time options. If you have a need for flexibility, please apply and discuss this with us during the hiring process.
What will you be doing?
What we’re looking for:
- Developing and maintaining Front Office IT (FOIT) applications and solutions for the Equity Funds and Structured Markets (EFS) desk, Risk Management, & Product Control functions
- Interacting with Trading, Operations, and Finance clients as well as team members
- Providing tactical solutions on business requests
- Building out new reports on request from the stakeholders by liaising with Quant/ Pricing teams
- Integrating Front Office IT (FOIT) solutions into the strategic projects within the department where required
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Be technically proficient - knowledge of data structures, algorithms and general problem solving is required
- Be comfortable learning new programming languages, specifically FMD
- Be proficient in one or more of C++, C# or Excel/ VBA
- Be comfortable facing off directly to the business
- Knowledge of functional programming (e.g. Haskell, F#)
- Knowledge of Equity Derivatives and Exotic Equity Derivatives
- Proven ability to pick up and learn new languages on the job
- Knowledge of databases & their SQL languages (e.g. Oracle, MSSQL, PL/ SQL, TSQL)
Where will you be working?
5 North Colonnade is home to our investment bank and is in the heart of Canary Wharf, just a short walk from our headquarters at Churchill Place. It boasts an array of onsite amenities such as dry cleaner as well as a deli and buffet style staff restaurant. The building is easily accessible by tube, docklands light railway and all major bus links. The atmosphere is second to none with a real buzz being created around the offices within.