Nuffield Health is Britain’s largest not for profit healthcare provider and we are currently seeking a Building Services Engineer to join the team in our Rugby Fitness and Wellbeing Centre. Join us and play your part in building a healthier nation.
This role will have responsibility for managing a viable and effective preventative maintenance programme for the whole site, including the building shell and surrounding grounds as well as ensuring that all maintenance problems and queries are dealt with efficiently and effectively in line with company policies, procedures and current health and safety legislation.
You will require as many of the attributes below:
- Assist in the completion of all monthly PPM jobs
- Complete all Building Services daily/weekly checklists
- Manage and complete all reactive calls within a realistic and reasonable timeframe
- Understand COSHH (Control of Substances Hazardous to Health) regulations and guidelines
- Assist with the ownership and management of all Health and Safety Management System folders
- Carry out all Pool maintenance and complete regular pool/spa testing whilst on shift and complete fabric based tasks
- Receive and take delivery of all pool chemicals in a safe manner and stored in the correct bunding
- Maintain a positive, productive working relationship with all other staff
- Assist the Operations Manager in the prioritisation of health & safety management in the Building Services area, ensuring policies, risk assessments and safe systems of work are in place
- Ensure checking and inspection processes are completed as required and deviations are promptly actioned.
- Proactively flag any health and safety concerns to the General Manager and Nuffield Health Operations Manager
Previous experience working within a maintenance facility role
- 3 Day ISRM Pool Plant room qualification
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi task and prioritise
- Excellent customer service and organisation skills
- Team player, committed to providing a service ethos
- A qualification in either electrical or HVAC
- IOSHH Qualification
In return, we offer a working environment that will help you grow your skills and experience and get the best out of life. Other benefits include 25 days’ annual holiday (increasing with service), gym membership, private healthcare and a range of lifestyle and financial wellbeing benefits.
Be your best and join us in building a healthier nation.
Salary - £26,000 - £30,000 pro rata (Dependent On Experience)
Location - Rugby
Contract Type - Permanent
Weekly Hours - 32
Nuffield Health is committed to equal opportunities in the recruitment, training, and development of our employees. We have a duty to apply to the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) for disclosure on successful candidates. We may change the closing date if we receive a high number of responses for this role.
Applications will be considered as they are received and interviews will be arranged accordingly. We reserve the right to close adverts early, for example, where we have received an unprecedented high volume of applications. Therefore please apply early to ensure you are considered for the post.