Working together for the future.
Siemens Energy is focused on helping customers navigate the world’s most pressing energy problems, both for today and tomorrow. To do so, Switching Products play a vital role in the energy value chain and provide key elements including gas-insulated and air-insulated switchgear and components. Siemens Energy Switching Products has a broad customer base that includes transmission system operators, utilities, renewable developers, independent power producers, engineering, procurement and construction companies (EPCs) and industrial companies in sectors such as data centers and energy storage.
What part will you play?
- Work seamlessly with the factory sales/ offer team to prepare technically compliant competitive bids for the Switching portfolio including Air & Gas Insulated Switchgear and Surge Arrestors.
Work collaboratively with the regional sales team to understand the competitive landscape, customer requirements and market conditions and prepare winning bids accordingly.
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with customers’ representatives and internal stakeholders at all levels whilst remaining focused on customer satisfaction.
Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with Siemens factories / external suppliers / subcontractors / consortium partners as and when required
- Work closely with our legal and commercial colleagues to ensure contractual risks are fully evaluated and mitigated at the proposals stage.
- Take an innovative and forward-thinking approach to managing work via proactive use of technology including CRM tools like Salesforce.
What you need to make real what matters.
- Educated to HNC standard or equivalent in a relevant engineering discipline
- Experience within the energy sector and familiarity with transmission systems and associated product applications.
A skilled capability in understanding customer needs and priorities and how they fit into a complex organisation like ours.
Experience in multi stakeholder environments that can include factories, headquarter and local teams and the ability to align them and build strong internal relationships across departments and locations
- Ability to take responsibility and ownership of bids: work efficiently and independently with support from management when needed.
- Excellent communication skills & positive “can do” attitude
- Flexibility when deadlines require and willingness to go the extra mile
- Competitive “will to win” and readiness to introduce innovative ideas
An aptitude to understand the customer's competitive situation and leverage our technical and commercial strengths to address that.
Basic understanding of business profit & loss, Budgetary Planning, Approval processes and use of appropriate tools for such activities.
Change the future with us.
Work with the business to identify strategically important opportunities with Key customers
Demonstrate strong ownership of opportunities and ensure on-time submission of technically compliant, competitive bids.
Customer Relationship Management:
Proactively establish strong customer relationships in close collaboration with the sales team.
Ensure you operate in accordance with Corporate Governance Standards and that all activities are conducted in a professional and ethical manner upholding the Siemens Brand Values.
Health and Safety:
Support the culture throughout the organization ensuring constant awareness and engagement of health and safety in all environments. To ensure adherence to all policies and initiatives in the whole organization.
Siemens Energy Limited