Friday 13 March 2020
£45,423 - £50,470
Agile Working Options
Other Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion
Job Description Summary
A fantastic opportunity for enthusiastic software engineers to join an agile delivery team in the Fraud & Auth Lab, collaborating with Product Owners, Architects and fellow software engineers to design elegant solutions and elegant tests to prove them.
We are looking for enthusiastic software engineers to join probably the most exciting Lab in the bank, the Fraud and Auth Lab. You excel in finding bugs, and have a good enough grasp of coding to design automated tests in existing frameworks and enjoy collaborating with other engineering disciplines. Although your focus will be using your coding skills to perform testing there will be opportunity to pick up development and testops/devops tasks too. We need you to help protect and nurture our applications to give our customer the simplest and safest experience possible.
Lloyds Banking Group Digital channels have over 12 million active online customers with over 1 billion logons per year. We have a variety of fraud monitoring and prevention systems in operation to protect our customers from criminal activity and the Fraud team lies at the heart of delivering and maintaining these solutions. The ecosystem mixes cutting edge technology with legacy host systems and the journey from centralised monolith application sets to a more autonomous micro service architecture & team structure is underway and within our gift to shape.
At LBG, we’re invested in your continual development. That’s why we’ve fostered a collaborative learning environment that supports your career goals and encourages knowledge-sharing. Our inclusive culture offers you flexibility to try new things while helping you build the future you want.
What will you be doing?
Essential for the Role:
- be part of an autonomous agile team in the Fraud & Auth Lab
- collaborating with Product Owners, Architects and fellow software engineers to design elegant solutions and elegant tests to prove them
- writing dependable, intuitive, intelligent automation tests and learning how to maintain and design test frameworks that prevent rather than cure issues
- exploring test integration into CI/CD pipelines
- learning to maintain and update automation frameworks in sprint
- exploring new testing techniques, keeping up to date with industry changes
- contributing to the Confluence Knowledge base to share new approaches and meet Definition of Ready/Done artefacts
- contributing to the wider test engineering community through white papers and presentations
- promoting the culture of agile SCRUM values and leading by example
The following capabilities are essential for the role.
- Certified to Foundation ISTQB level as a "Certified Tester" as a minimum and ideally at least 1 other Foundation Level Certification in Agile/Specialist channel
- Junior proficiency in performing server side development/test automation in one or more of the following technologies
- Hands on experience developing test automation against of one or more microservice communication technologies:
- Willing to learn how to integrate automation into CI/CD pipelines
- Willing to learn how to review frameworks and target areas to remove technical debt and increase efficiency
- Sound understanding in all methods of testing and best practise approach and how to apply them in practise, including functional and performance testing
- Understanding of testing in Cloud containerised environments
- Understanding of multi-tier/distributed systems
- Understanding of Hadoop Systems involving Cassandra, Kafka and Hive
- Understanding of OWASP top 10 and how one might test them
- Appreciation of testing high transaction volumes in a regulatory environment
If this is you, come and join our inclusive, values-led culture focused on making a difference. We're big believers of diversity & inclusion where everyone is welcome.
What can we offer you in return?
You can expect market leading benefits package, ongoing personal development and a career that’s enriching and full of opportunity.
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we’re building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.