CFD and software engineer covering simulation of complex fluid mechanics problems in the Oil & Gas sector & other areas such as life sciences, clean fuels and the water industry, as well as working on various proprietary software products, such as our our PPDS package licensed for external commercial use, and FlowStudio package used for internal facility operation. The role will require strong technical input to consultancy and R&D projects, with responsibility for technical outputs, in the form of reports and software updates. You may also work more broadly across the organisation, covering general flow measurement consultancy where necessary, as part of a multidisciplinary team of scientists and engineers to deliver a range of projects across all industry sectors. A minimum of 5 years CFD and software experience is prefered.
The role may be based in our offices in East Kilbride, or can be done remotely with periodic attendance of our offices. The candidate must have the ability to work in the UK and be able to travel when required. The role will suit someone who wants to follow a technical career track and likes to work on complex projects.
Responsibilities and authority:
- Technical delivery of R&D, software & consultancy projects.
Education and Experience
- A good first degree in a relevant discipline, and ideally a PhD
- Experience = ideally 5+ years
Specific skills, knowledge, competencies and training
- A good first degree in a relevant discipline
- Experience with ANSYS Fluent, Fluent Meshing, Spaceclaim & UDFs
- A demonstrated track record of leading technical projects
- Be able to demonstrate experience of delivering work on time and within budget
- The ability work on both theoretical and practical aspects of technical work, demonstrated by tangible examples
- Be happy working in a distributed, multi-disciplinary team environment
- Be a highly motivated, self-starter
Has the majority of these capabilities:
- Fortran language knowledge + experience - Pascal/Delphi language knowledge + experience - C++ language knowledge + experience - C# language knowledge + experience - Experience in using Windows API - Inter process communication with pipes experience - Writing, compiling, debugging, and testing software for embedded platforms - Experience of Embedded microcontrollers, ideally the ARM Cortex family and AVR - OPC, MODBUS standard knowledge + experience - Experience in writing software with secure communication like SSL and RSA encryption - Writing DLL libraries for use in other languages - Experience in writing add-in for Excel 2013+ (in VS) in 32 and 64 bit - Experience in finding memory leaks, and memory management - Experience of coding in Inno Setup - Documentation writing help files - Testing software - Version Control Desirable: - PhD in engineering, science or a related discipline - Experience of FEA analysis using ANSYS Mechanical - Experience of FSI using ANSYS - Significant experience of flow metering, flow assurance, custody transfer and/or allocation - Experience of working on industrial projects within a R&D environment - A track record of conference presentations, academic publications and/or patents