For 50 years, we've been driven by the firm belief that engineers are the architects of tomorrow's world, leading the way with their daring, their expertise and their ability to push boundaries.
Every day, our 5,700 employees innovate for our clients, partnering the world's greatest engineering projects in the fields of energy, healthcare, life sciences and transport.
A fast-growing international Group, we are present in 14 countries (in Europe, the Middle East, Asia and Africa).
Assystem is a key delivery partner to the Hinkley Point C (HPC) and Sizewell C (SZC) Nuclear New Build Programmes. We are working to support key milestones of HPC in support of EDF and as such we are looking to recruit an Environment Engineer to work on key safety and environmental topics within the Responsible Designer organisation.
Contribute and/or Review of Reports in cooperation with other design entities and the project for the systems and buildings, including but not limit to:
- Activities related to Radioactive Substances Regulations (RSR) for liquid, gaseous and solid waste treatment systems;
- Water Discharge Act (WDA);
- Combustion Activity Permitting.
Lead and/or Contribute on Environmental Regulations
- Identify of environmental regulations applicable to HPC and SZC sites;
- Identify of the precise requirements applicable to the systems, buildings and components;
- Demonstrate Compliance and support to the replication strategy for SZC.
Assessment Findings (AF) – In particular to support Sizewell C replication strategy
- Be involved on Assessment Findings from regulator on scope of systems and buildings;
Provide Support to System Engineers, Civil Engineeiring and Layout Engineering in both France and the UK including:
- Ensuring functional requirements, operational regimes, effluent and waste characteristics, Waste management strategy, environment/effluent & waste/monitoring related requirements, etc. are adequately defined and taken into account;
- Responding to questions related to environment/effluent & waste/monitoring aspects;
- Producing support for sizing justifications, BAT assessment or Baseline Environment Summary (BES) production;
Responsible for chemical inventory production and COMAH justification for UK Scope
- Take ownership of the chemical inventory methodology
- Apply the methodology for the UK buildings/systems
- Produce the associated reports and relevant COMAH assessements
Participation in various Working Groups with design entities, Client or Regulator on topics such as:
- Environment Monthly meetings
- Radwaste Working Group
- BAT Working Group
- Degree Qualified or Equivalent in either Mechanical, Environmental or Chemical Engineering
- In-depth knowledge of Environmental Regulations, especially COMAH regulations
- Prior experience within Industrial settings, ideally Nuclear experienced but not essential
- Experience working in collaboration with technical engineering teams
- Overall HSE Awareness and consideration
At Assystem, everyone holds the reins for their own careers. Our role is to offer you the opportunities and resources you need to reach your full potential.
So why not join us and help shape the engineering landscape of the future?