- Closing Date: 5 January 2020
- At Arup, we design and deliver ground-breaking icons through our work in infrastructure, building design and specialist technical services. Independent in ownership and spirit, we're a global firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical experts who use our skills to make a positive difference in the world.
We are a truly diverse team of individuals delivering major projects in the UK and across the globe for numerous Clients. Our projects range from long-span bridges to major infrastructure projects that transform and greatly improve our daily lives, such as new transport hubs and major road and rail upgrades.
A career in any of our UK Bridge Groups provides an exciting, challenging and rewarding environment in which to work. Our engineers work in active partnership with clients to understand their needs and aspirations. We work together with a broad range of specialists to propose innovative technical and economic solutions to complex briefs, making the most challenging of programmes and advanced construction techniques possible.
Major projects today are increasingly sophisticated and challenging. We draw on Arup's global depth of expertise in fundamentals such as geotechnics, wind engineering and seismic design, as well as material sciences and anything a specific project or client may require. We bring these together and coordinate across the range of disciplines to create project teams that utilise the latest digital tools and techniques to deliver bridges and heavy civil engineering structures anywhere in the world. Our overall drive to advance engineering and our commitment to continuous improvement shapes our innovative solutions.
As one of the world's leading building and infrastructure design consultancies, we offer clients the innovation and technical know-how to continually deliver their projects on schedule and on budget, but without compromise.
Are you interested in a career in Bridges?
Right now we're looking for graduates to join our team of bright professionals in various offices across the UK. From your first day, you'll join an unrivalled community of experts, where everyone is supported in their career path and encouraged to work towards a professional qualification.
You'll help us to deliver effective and professional services for a range of varied and high-profile clients. While you'll have a great deal of responsibility from day one, we'll give you the chance to take on more as you progress and broaden your skills.
The person is expected to have a good understanding of CAD (Bentley, Autocad, Revit and/or Solidworks). Experience of design projects would be beneficial.
You will provide support to team members to deliver an effective and professional service to our clients. Due to the multi-disciplinary nature of our design teams, you will have the opportunity to work alongside experts.
We're looking for graduates with curiosity, personal drive and technical knowhow.
We're looking for the following qualifications, attributes and skills:
- Masters degree in Civil or Structural Engineering at 2.1 or above (predicted or attained)
- Studying, or have studied, an ICE or IStructE accredited course
- Possess a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Strong numerical skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Interest in and application of digital skills, such as computer coding for design automation and problem-solving is an advantage
- Enthusiasm for a career in Bridges, underpinned by a knowledge and understanding of our sector and work
- Demonstrable understanding of general bridge and structural behaviour and an ability to use this understanding to develop practical solutions to meet client needs
- Skills in the analysis and design of bridges and structures are an advantage.
- Have an analytical thought process
- Demonstrate a creative approach to problem solving, utilising digitally-based solutions where needed
- The aptitude to work on your own initiative and be proactive
- Planned and organised in your approach to work and meeting deadlines
- Flexible to the needs of the business, and changes to project plans
- Committed to the successful delivery of projects, meeting the needs of our clients, the development of the team and business as a whole
- Able to start September 2020
Arup offers extensive opportunities for your personal and career development and:
- A competitive salary and settling in allowance
- Profit share scheme
- A comprehensive benefits package, including a flexible benefits fund and highly competitive pension
- An interesting and varied workload
- The opportunity to work on international projects
- Technically challenging projects that will stretch and challenge your skills
- Opportunities to work abroad
- A supportive and friendly team, based in an excellent working environment
- Mentorship and support towards professional accreditation and career development opportunities
Does this role sound of interest to you? Please find further information below:
Assessment centres will take place from December 2019, so we recommend that you apply as soon as possible so you don't miss out on this exciting opportunity.
Our Graduate Welcome Week will take place in September 2020. Although we can be flexible on start dates we would hope that the successful candidate will join their peers for this event.
Please note that we are unable to offer Tier 2 visa sponsorship for this role. Therefore you must ensure that you are eligible to work in the UK without our sponsorship in order for your application to be considered.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent