At Synopsys, we’re at the heart of the innovations that change the way we work and play. Self-driving cars. Artificial Intelligence. The cloud. 5G. The Internet of Things. These breakthroughs are ushering in the Era of Smart Everything. And we’re powering it all with the world’s most advanced technologies for chip design and software security. If you share our passion for innovation, we want to meet you.
Senior R&D Engineer
Does this sound like a good role for you?
We are seeking an R&D engineer who will join the Synopsys TCAD team and contribute to the development of its industry-leading, physics-based simulation platforms. Primary responsibilities include designing, developing, and implementing software infrastructure components, novel physics and geometry modeling engines to enable the fast and accurate simulation of large semiconductor devices, interconnects and circuits consisting of many interconnected devices. The candidate will have strong C++ programming skills, and will work within a very dynamic, interdisciplinary and global R&D organization that fosters a highly flexible and collegial work atmosphere suited to delivering high quality software in an agile manner.
- PhD or MS + 3 years developing software solutions to scientific computing problems such as mechanics, diffusion, or electromagnetics.
- Experience developing FEM (finite element method) or FVM (finite volume method) analysis simulators in commercial and/or industrial/research lab settings.
- Software development experience and strong design/programming skills in C++.
- Experience with modern algorithms for the computational solution of partial differential equations.
- Experience diffusion and/or solid/fluid mechanics and/or electromagnetics
- Experience with Tcl/Tk or Python.
- Experience with MPI, domain decomposition and other parallel programming methods.
- Familiarity with semiconductor process, device, interconnect, and mechanics simulation tools.
Inclusion and Diversity are important to us. Synopsys considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, military veteran status, or disability.