Manage and control accidental damage, third party and total loss spend for your own case load contributing to the overall claims financial performance. Manage referrals and provide technical guidance on engineering matters to the claims teams.
- Use engineering expertise and communication skills to resolve accidental damage and third party total loss settlements, disputes, prepared disputed cases for presentation to the complaints team and FOS, valuations, damage splits, complaint cases and new car replacements in a detailed, concise and compliant manner to ensure timely resolutions of all cases handled.
- Act as a referral point and using your expertise provide guidance to claims colleagues on motor engineering matters to help ensure the claims department meet their claims cost targets.
- Identify potential fraudulent cases and referring to internal investigation unit as they arise, along with any non-standard fitments to customer vehicles that have not been advised of and that all damage claimed for is consistent with the accident circumstances to minimise claims spend and claims leakage.
- Ensure audits on accidental damage and third party repairs and total loss settlements are completed on our external partners on a regular basis with actions identified and feedback given to aid the consistency within the approved repairer network and control claims leakage.
- As a Claims motor engineering systems and processes subject matter expert, develop systems and processes which support the agreed Claims strategy.
- Handle complaints in line with FSA and company requirements and guidelines. Participate in root cause analysis and implement solutions to improve customer experience.
- Effectively manage change by actively participating in projects; ensuring our claims customer experience remains market leading and fresh; delivering actions on time and within budget.
- Respond to feedback given to you, to grow your own technical capability. Take responsibility for your own agreed development actions, wider training needs and continuous professional development.
- Comply on an ongoing basis with the rules and requirements of the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and any other legal/regulatory/risk management frameworks
Knowledge and Experience
- Professional insurance, risk management or engineering qualification
- Experience in an insurance based motor engineering role
- Knowledge of motor Claims, particularly relating to vehicle damage solutions
- Knowledge of vehicle construction, estimating and repair techniques, methods and solutions and salvage categorization
- Knowledge of vehicle damage electronic estimating systems
- Sound understanding of the FSC regulatory regime, FOS ethos and TCF initiatives
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- High level of both verbal and numerical reasoning
- Proficient in using IT word processing, database and spreadsheet packages
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: Multiple Locations