- Technical design of gas engineering projects
- Production of design calculations, reports, specifications and other technical documents;
- Material specifications, data sheets and take-offs;
- Coordinating the production of design drawings
- Leading the design for projects
- Liaising with clients, equipment suppliers and manufacturers
- Supporting project managers and design discipline teams
- Ensuring technical quality with the ability to deliver projects on time
- Training, developing and mentoring of junior staff, including delegation of work and supervising its delivery.
- Incorporated Engineer status with IGEM or similar (candidates actively working towards this will also be considered)
- Demonstrable knowledge within the gas transmission and/or distribution sector (above 7 bar pressure)
- Competent in the use and understanding of Industry and Client Specifications, Codes of Practice, Policies and Procedures
- Proven ability to work as part of a team, liaising directly with clients, third parties, project managers and other design team members
- Motivated and enthusiastic
- Good communication skills
- Responsibility for technical quality
- Registered gas industry design Approver and/or Appraiser is desirable but not essential.
At Jacobs we see safety differently - we strive to go ‘BeyondZero’ by putting the health, safety and well-being of our employees first in everything we do.
We are committed to equality across our business and we work with external organisations such as STEM, WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and Stonewall . We are also Disability Confident Committed ; therefore, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy.
We encourage applications from candidates looking for flexible working or reduced hours’ contracts. Please also bear in mind that you do not need to meet 100% of the Essential Criteria to be considered for a position with Jacobs.
When you join Jacobs you will have access to a wide range of Global Networks , centred on inclusion and diversity which is the foundation of our business and at the centre of our values.
To find out more about our networks, please visit our website; www.jacobs.com
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.